No announcement yet.

Who actually BUY software (or licence)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who actually BUY software (or licence)?

On behalf of WyWyWyWy's request
    I do
    0%
    I don't
    0%
    Only bundled
    0%
    only freeware and other free stuff
    0%
    See my post
    0%
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I only have bundled stuff...I buy genuine games and DVD's, but licensed software costs a lot and I just don't feel like paying for it...not to mention the fact that with good warez connections you can get it a long time before it hits ur local store shelf
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Thanks Technoid

Lecter: Agreed.

But... I don't think DVDs are worth buying unless you really like it (mp3 vs CD). Renting makes more sense since most movies are only seen once anyway...
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

gotta agree w/Wy!

DVD renting is the way to go for me. Programs... wink wink

Comment

I won't say I never use a bit of warez obtained software here and there, but generally I pay for all the software I have, or I've obtained it in other legal manners (gotta love getting free software at conventions). My personal rule is that if I find a particular software application useful then I will pay for it (if it's either shareware, donation, or "borrowed"/warez), otherwise (if I don't find it useful) I don't really need it.

OT: On the music/movie bit, I own and don't all the music I have. If I end up downloading a whole album I usually end up going out and buying it, gnerally I won't just for one or two songs. I own all the DVD's/movies I have. I always rent a movie before I buy it, just like Wy was saying.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

never ever have i bought a program/game/dvd. but im going to buy half life tomorrow. im tired of getting the "your key is in use. please try again later" message.

the reason for this is that i am too young to pay for this. its way to expensive.

Comment

If it is not freeware and I like it I pay for it.

Of course this does not include the freeware I have.
              • Full copy if 98SE.
              • Mcafee Viruscan 5.1. (Had a bad run in with Norton's years ago. Going back to Norton though.)
              • Norton Systemworks 2.0 Professional (The bad run in.)
              • Ulead Media Studio Pro Version 5 (Got at half price due to Matrox Deal)
              • Works Suite 2000 (Most Home users never need Office)
              • Encarta Reference Suite 99 (DVD, I wanted a program that noone else at the time could use in the house.)
              • Half-Life GOTYE
              • Half-Life Blue Shift
              • Quake and Mission Packs 1 and 2
              • Quake2
              • Quake3
              • Star Trek Voyager Elite Force and Expansion Pack
              • Alice (A Gift)
              • Unreal and Mission Pack1
              • UT GOTYE
              • Tacops (sort of regretting this one.)
              • Jumble
              • Forsaken
              • Tachyon the Fringe
              • Powerslide
              • StarWars Episode 1 Racer (Only time a store display and setup got me to buy something.)
              • Star Trek Armada I
              • Star Trek Armada II
              • Total Annihilation Commander's Pack (Gift)
              • Total Annihilation Kingdoms and Expansion Pack
              • Civ II
              • Civ II Test of Time (Regretting this one too.)
              • Starcraft and Expansion Pack
              • Warcraft II
              • Warcraft III (Gift)
              • Diablo and Hellfire Expansion
              • Diablo II and Expansion Pack
              • Winzip (Wish I had waited and got Power Archiver.)

Comment

Originally posted by M|x
                never ever have i bought a program/game/dvd. but im going to buy half life tomorrow. im tired of getting the "your key is in use. please try again later" message.

the reason for this is that i am too young to pay for this. its way to expensive.
                There is a Half-Life out now that has everything including the orginal, Team Fortress, CounterStrike, and Blue Shift. Check for that or at least get the GOTYE. You can, as you know, download Counterstrike.

Comment

Uh, all my stuff is licensed.

Adobe Web Collection (Photoshop 7.0, GoLive! 6.0, LiveMotion 2.0, and Illustrator 10.0)
                  Microsoft Windows 95, 98SE and Windows 2000 Pro
                  Autodesk/Discreet 3DStudio MAX 5.0 + Character Studio + Reactor Kit.
                  Microsoft Office 97
                  Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Pro

and some other bits and bobs from bundles.

All my games are original too.... hmmm, somethings not right here...

Cost a damn bundle though...

J1NG
                  Last edited by J1NG; 1 January 2003, 17:05.

Comment

Of course we ALL buy our software. Not buying it is illegal...

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                      There is a Half-Life out now that has everything including the orginal, Team Fortress, CounterStrike, and Blue Shift. Check for that or at least get the GOTYE. You can, as you know, download Counterstrike.
                      as i said, i got counterstrike. now, i got four keys that i found on dc for a couple of months ago. but these are very often in use. so to view stats, i have to add the score from all the keys. kind of boring.

tomorrow, i will be the proud owner of software

Comment

Yes you use keys that are not your own. This one piece of software I mentioned will give you an individual key and all the Half-Life Software for a very good price.

Edit:
                        You can get just Counterstrike, but you can get evetything for just a little bit more. It all depends on how much you are able to spend which as you said is not much.
                        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 1 January 2003, 18:23.

Comment

Of course I buy all my software.
                          Why?
                          Because I'm not thieving scum.
                          Quite simple really.
                          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Personall, I do not buy because it is right or wrong. I just think that if you want software and you actually like it then it is worth paying for. Of course some people will argue that if the software company has a virtual monopoly then sometimes you have to pay for software you'd rather not have. Of course we all know which company that is. So I guess in some instances that it is debatable.

Comment

If you are a filthy rich billionaire because your software company is a monopoly, you are scum if you whine about people with very limited means downloading warez of your software. Yes, it's stealing, but that's just desserts for the gross inequity you have perpetrated. You have enough dullards with cash who buy your crap, so just shut up about it.
                              Last edited by KvHagedorn; 1 January 2003, 21:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X