Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie: PCI/AGP frequency

Hi all, just a quickie...

Is there anyway I can check my PCI/AGP frequency or divider?
    I would like to know how does it related to memory divider on my board...

Many thanks.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Umm...

Sandra can probably tell you.

But if your PCI frequency is something other than 33mhz, your boards won't run.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Nah, all of my PCI cards have been able to run up to 38MHz, and some could do 42MHz. When you overclock the memory bus, the pci bus goes up also.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
        Nah, all of my PCI cards have been able to run up to 38MHz, and some could do 42MHz. When you overclock the memory bus, the pci bus goes up also.
        Of course this all depends on what your memory, motherboard and PCI cards can take.

Comment

Screw the PCI cards. Usually, it's the HD that can't take it, then it's Data-Loss City.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

No prob upto 45mhz PCI with my Seagates (haven't gone any higher yet)....
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Thanks but no Sandra won't, or at least I can't find it.

Anything else?

P.S. Just to say that of course my Bios won't let me lock it at 33 thats why I'm asking.
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

When I did overclock I never ever found a hdd that took more than 38
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's either the hdd or some PCI card on my rig, but it just won't go over 38, right now I'm at 35.

I'm also having issues when it's "underclocked" at 30

Comment

Have you tried the latest version of WCPUID? Not sure if it will, but it might...

Comment

No it doesn't...

Comment

Desn't it show the frequency of PCI/AGP in the BIOS settings menu? (My EPoX does).+
                        Otherwise you have to check the mobo manufacturers homepage about the dividers and at which FSB frequencies they are changing. Newer boards often have a 1/5 divider, making the PCI/AGP oc'ing less troublesome (I can run a FSB of 190 here, resulting in a PCI clock of 38MHz).

Best behaviour in this field is shown by NForce boards, they allow a fixed setting of PCI-/AGP clocks independent of FSB.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                          ...Newer boards often have a 1/5 divider..
                          Some even have a 1/6
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Just got some information saying that divider is hardlocked to the chipset, in my case SiS645.

Anyone know whether it automatically sets divider to 1/4 with this chipset?

Many thanks.

EDIT:
                            Or how exactly do I check this
                            It is not in BIOS, it is not on MSI's site, it is not on SiS's site...

Comment

I am guessing a bit here, but from what have seen.
                              It automaticaly sets it.

124 and above 1/4 divider

150 and above 1/5 divider

I don't know when the 1/6 divider cuts in tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X