X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruzin
    Not possible.
    Won't happen.
    The boss-man would NEVER EVER go for that, for many reasons, none of which would make any sense to you or me (or any sane, rational person).
    I'm lucky I got away with formatting and reinstalling the software that came with this particular system. Generally, he will not allow me to remove any software from any system for any reason, so a clean install of any OS is rare around there. Hard drives are packed, and no more can be installed on many systems. And most of it is old crap that is never used any more.
    I am waiting as patiently as I can for February, as he will be gone for a full 30 days. In that time, I plan to reformat 8 of my lab's 13 windows PCs, in the hopes he will not notice when he gets back. The only way I can hope he doesn't notice is if I stick with the same various 9x versions that they are all running now.
    I have already dicussed this with the assistant admin and other lab teacher, and we are all in agreement. It needs to be done, but can only be done when he isn't around...
    rofl

don't forget to make an image of the disks, just in case

Comment

you can get a similar effect if you set your system date to year 2100, many programs will not open. i lost a night sleep because of that once.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yeah, but that's also the way to make QuickTime shut up. Set your computer to the future, run QuickTime once, and then roll your date back to the correct year.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X