No announcement yet.

image viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using irfanview for a long time now and it is great. Does batch processing and such, but don't know if it does that thing you need. It used to be fast as hell, but has slowed down a tiny bit because it has a lot more features and plugins to view pretty much any multimedia format now.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Thanks, guess I'll have to try it...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sweet, i'll give slow and XN a try...

Comment

XNview's download link is dead.

Slowview is nice, BUT, it's still bringing up videos when I double click on an image, and continue to "scroll through" the folder. I want something that will JUST show me images. :-/

Comment

Try irfanview then you can have it just load files that are associated with it.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Hi:

Thumbs+ is a good viewer etc with a good slideshow feature.

The perfect application and database for any Windows user with lots of photos, movies, metafiles, fonts, and other digital assets to organize, manage, and edit.

Happy trails,
              WinXP HE SP1& DX9b; Lian-Li PC-6089 mid alum case; Enermax 550W PSU; P4 2.8b retail; Asus P4T533-C s478/i850e; 1GB PC1066 RIMMs; Promise Ultra133 IDE PCI controller; 2x80GB Maxtor D740x 7200RPM ATA-133 HDDs; OrangeLink FireWire 800/1394b PCI card:
              1x250GB Maxtor One Touch USB2/fw external Ultra ATA-133 7200RPM HDD; Toshiba 16x/48x DVD-ROM; Plextor PX-708A 8xDVD?R/RW CD-R/RW burner; Radeon 9800 XT retail; DVI: Samsung SyncMaster 213L 21.3" TFT; VGA: ViewSonic 22? P225f; TV OUT S-Video: Sony 36? WEGA XBR400 NTSC; TerraTec DMX 6fire LT sound card to Denon 3802 7x110W based HT; on-board LAN to Alcatel ADSL modem; Canon S750 USB printer; Canon D125O USB2 scanner; Logitech diNovo Media Desktop (Bluetooth cordless keyboard/MX900 optical mouse); Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless USB Joystick; Logitech WingMan Strike Force 3D USB joystick; Logitech 2.4GHz Cordless Gamepad/Rumblepad.

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                Try irfanview then you can have it just load files that are associated with it.
                I did.
                so if i double click on a video, it will come up in WMP like it used to...HOWEVER, if i have pics and vids in the same folder, and i double click on a pic, and hit "next", it will open the next file, and if that next file is a video, it will open it. Very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by fleabus2
                  Hi:

Thumbs+ is a good viewer etc with a good slideshow feature.

The perfect application and database for any Windows user with lots of photos, movies, metafiles, fonts, and other digital assets to organize, manage, and edit.

Happy trails,
                  hmmm, the words "trial version" turn me off to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                    I did.
                    so if i double click on a video, it will come up in WMP like it used to...HOWEVER, if i have pics and vids in the same folder, and i double click on a pic, and hit "next", it will open the next file, and if that next file is a video, it will open it. Very annoying.
                    Go into options and in the tab where you can select associated files there is a checkbox for what you want.

Comment

I DID...it was only associated with some hand picked image file types. But since it could play the videos, it would when I would scroll to the next file in the directory while it was already loaded.

Comment

gThumb
                        Oh wait, you are using Windows.
                        -Slougi

Comment

:-P

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                            XNview's download link is dead.
                            Wierd, works fine here.

Comment

Not bad, but it's MDI and it still will play a video if i scroll through a directory that contains one.

Comment

Odd...

Comment

Working...
                                X