No announcement yet.

Are Creative mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna use your guide for the A2 drivers on the replacement A1 tonight Gurm...

Seems the consumer soundcard market is ripe for the taking if someone had the muscle to do it... and a decent card+drivers!
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Apparently, if your A1/Live has its own IRQ, it would work fine on SMP systems.
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
        Too right they won't have heard of TBSC here - it (was/is) known as Videologic (now Pure Digital) Sonic Fury...

So it sounds like Paddy is having a similar experience to me

BTW the quickest way to get things done seems to be via their "Chat" function on the Europe TS site - it even worked through my work firewall, which was a bit of a shock... You have to wait in a queue, but once connected can get things done there and then it seems.

So what are you all waiting for? Go get those free Audigies!
        I know, I've got one. But videologic is largely unknown outsite of the UK, only 2 shops in the whole country sold them.

Comment

iirc either Scan or Dabs (or both) sell them...

Comment

I'm not in the UK

Comment

Oh yeah. Whoops!

Comment

Paddy, you kidding here, right?
                I mean...this sounds...unbeliavable a little...

It turns out that all someone has to do to get Audigy 2 is to buy cheap Live and start complain it doesn't work with P4 3,06 or some dual P3/Athlon, and they'll instantly "make him quiet"?

Comment

Nowhere: I'm trying to.
                  I don't expect I can suceed but worth a try anyway.
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I am trying too.. would be nice to get an audigy2 instead of the audigy 1

I got my first reply from tech support, which told me to download their newest drivers.. funny as I wrote them that I had tried that already.... I hope they realize soon that there is no winning
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Gurm I've noticed that there no drivers listed at all for the Plat ex2 so will newer Audigy drivers still work with the old plat ex???
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                        I know, I've got one. But videologic is largely unknown outsite of the UK, only 2 shops in the whole country sold them.
                        There is also N-force audio now.
                        Quite popular actually.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                          Seems the consumer soundcard market is ripe for the taking if someone had the muscle to do it... and a decent card+drivers!
                          Gotta say that the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz has been pretty much that for quite some time.

Sure it is lacking one or two extra features (but is 13.1 sound really necessary ).

But drivers have been rock solid on every machine I've installed on, no PCI loading issues, excellent sound quality, etc.

Never understood why after it was released at the 75dollar price point that people were dumping upwards of 200 for a the creative high end offering. No offense meant, just seemed odd to me...

my 2cents
                          System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Insert of email
                            Dear Patrick

Because I quoted incorrectly that the Sblive 5.1 is supported in
                            multi-processsor systems and this is indeed incorrect so I apologise about this. We are offering you an option to upgrade to an Audigy2 Player card. You can let me know if you wish to proceed with this option. If so I will need to get you to send me your Sblive 5.1 card back to our support section to replace it for the Audigy2 card.

Can you email us back your full name, daytime delivery address and phone number details and I will organise the returns for you. Please make sure the address is daytime and there is some-one there to take delivery from a courier company during the day.
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                              to replace it for the Audigy2 card
                              Hehe
                              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                                Gurm I've noticed that there no drivers listed at all for the Plat ex2 so will newer Audigy drivers still work with the old plat ex???
                                Yep. It's what I'm using on my eX.

Supposedly there were going to be different drivers entirely for the Audigy2 eX, due to its supposed "different hardware".

The reality is that the .324's came out the same day as the A2eX. LOL.

- Gurm
                                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                                If only life were as easy as you
                                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                                If only life were as easy as you
                                I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                                X