No announcement yet.

Crucial Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK memtest has gone a bit further and reports the errors in different areas. I am starting to suspect the board more than the ram.

DJ

Comment

there is also the honey-x bios

it seems more stable for me than cheepos.

There is a "pro" bios which does work on a normal k7s5a's (1->3) but it does play with the routing table, so you may have to jiggle cards around. Its main claim to fame is that alows Thoroughbred's to use sse.

I would just use the last normal honey-x k7s5a bios.

what I found to affect my ddr, was the LAST ram timing value on the advance/memeory timing page(bios) , precharge or something , increase it one notch.

Comment

Oooops! I´m sorry, my mistake

Could you provide your e-mail again?

Comment

Ok, sent. Sorry again

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated.

DJ

Comment

So, did the new bios help?

Comment

Well the bios works just about the same as the others. Memtest is still reporting errors and freezing at 66%, however I am not having lockups in windows anymore. Is that good or bad?

DJ

Comment

it's still bad.

try to update to the latest official bios, load the safe settings ( review them a bit so as to avoid non-working settings) and see if you keep getting errors.

If you can, check the powersupply. Inadequate power will cause instabilities.

If you can't find a RAM stick that works with it, just RMA the damn board

Comment

I have SDR sticks that work with no errors in memtest. Only the crucial ram is the problem. The power supply is 300W so I believe its adequate.

DJ

Comment

OK I got a new stick from Crucial of 512 DDR333 ram. Same problem in memtest. Seems too much of a coincidence not to be the mobo.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                      X