Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheap method of adding line-in to laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap method of adding line-in to laptop?

A mate has a Tosh Satellite that only has mic-in. Whats the cheapest wasy of adding line-in? Cheapest I've found is a USB device for £38...

TIA

T.
    FT.

Has he thought of using an inline attenuator on the mic input?
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

if you don't need like a whole different line, ie just need to be able to plug in another line to the existing one, just go to radio shack and but the parts for a max of i would think $5.00 and make it your self...this is how I added some speaker jacks to my computer...

~Sethos
      "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

That wouldn't be very Hi-Fi, would it?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

This was in response to gt40

Sethos, I believe your solution won't work here because the laptop doesn't have one line-in.

AZ

Comment

True, Az. Would depend on what he was trying to accomplish. For simple recording/playback on the laptop this method would certainly be more than adequate.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Attenuation was the first thing I suggested (subject to the spec/design of the mic input), and I don't think it would be beyond him to build if I sketched it out for him) but if he could spend 10 or 20 quid on it I think he would prefer that from an effort point of view. I don't have the time to do it for him atm.

Cheers

T.
              FT.

Comment

I think USB is your best bet.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                X