No announcement yet.

Powerstrip's OC max limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you can. With PowerStrip you can not only create ANY resolution (within the specs of your RAMDAC, of course) at your will but even have control over the specific timings of the newly created resolution.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

For people like me who have extreme difficulties navigating PowerStrip...

Custom resolutions can be added (thx Paddy!) under:
      Display Profiles -> Advanced timing options... -> Custom resolutions...

Edit: BTW, I just noticed:
      For those OC limits in PowerStrip - try double-clicking the memory chip/graphics chip icons under those OC sliders...
      Last edited by Tempest; 18 May 2003, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
        [Edit: BTW, I just noticed:
        For those OC limits in PowerStrip - try double-clicking the memory chip/graphics chip icons under those OC sliders... [/B]
        neat

Comment

It works with matrox 550 but it will not work with my new laptop compaq 2516 Presario wich has a Radeon IGp 345-2m graphic card , nor does it work with the R3Dtweak38c because it says it is an unknown card.What kind of graphic card is that only God knows.

Comment

Changing BIOS fixed it...

I used the ATiFlash 1.3 tool and did a back-up of my old BIOS,
            then flashed with the Warp 11 BIOS for Hercules NonPro cards.

After that I've had no problems at all...been able to OC using RivaTuner @ low-level.
            Currently running rock solid with core clock at 360 MHz and mem at 310 Mhz!

I did gave it a try at 380 Mhz core, running at the same speed as the 9800 Pro,
            but the setting displayed a lot of artifacts in 3DMark'03.
            With some proper cooling however, it shouldn't be a problem running with those settings.

Testing diffrent games is now a joy compared to before OC'ing,
            im getting great scores in 3dmark'03 and the "DooM 3 Alpha" is actually playable,
            even with 2xFSAA and 8xAnsio!

All in all, I'm quite happy the amount it OC'ed considering it's using the original cooling...
            I'll buy a new card Soon™, very Soon™!
            + =

Comment

I think what you have there as stock cooling is a Titan TTC-CUV2AB copper cooler. Between a Zalman heatpipe and a water block that's about as good as it gets.

What you can do is remove the shim plate between the cooler and VPU base for better contact, though it's a risky job.

Comment

Better cooling...

Originally posted by Admiral
                I think what you have there as stock cooling is a Titan TTC-CUV2AB copper cooler. Between a Zalman heatpipe and a water block that's about as good as it gets.

What you can do is remove the shim plate between the cooler and VPU base for better contact, though it's a risky job.
                Watercooling would indeed be neat, maybe I'll try that when I build my next rig.
                Why is it risky to remove that shim?

EDIT:
                Oh, some finnish guys seem to disagree:
                CO2 cooled R300 @ 455MHz/365MHz

Now that's some potent cooling!
                Last edited by Znucke; 21 May 2003, 03:37.
                + =

Comment

Why is it risky to remove that shim?
                  Because you might remove more than the shim if you're not careful.
                  Plus, once you remove it you clearly void your waranty.

Comment

Is it worth the risk to remove the shim, I mean how much better would the cooling become?
                    Are we talking about several degrees Celsius or just a couple?

And BTW haven't I already voided my warrenty by changing BIOS and OC'ing the card?
                    + =

Comment

Working...
                    X