X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus alert

Mail from "support@microsoft.com"
    subj: "Screensaver"

It contains the W32.HLLW.Mankx@mm mass-mailing worm in an attachment named "Screen_doc.pif", which NAV trapped.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hopefully we're filtering that out at work otherwise our helpdesk will get busy. Unfortunatley we don't block hotmail accounts etc which will be another source.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I received about 10 copies within 10 minutes, so it's not exactly subtle

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I wonder if I'll get any at work tomorrow then.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I got that same email last night. NAV detected it too, so no problems.

Comment

Thank god for free serverside SMTP antivirus-scanner/killer from H+BEDV

I've used it for 2 years, and not a single virus has slipped through.

Comment

My copy of NAV didn't even get to filter it. Virgin mail got rid of it before I got it.

Keep those AV up to date!

Note though, that the message title can be anything. Not just what Doc put up.

J1NG

Comment

Guess what, you don't need an antivirus to filter out *.pif files...

Comment

In any event. Keep those AV up to date anyway!

J1NG

Comment

I received it yesterday, with the topic "Your password". I'm not running any AV so I'm extra cautelous with email.

the .pif is an exe of 53kb!!! my god, what are those lame virus programmers puting inside, a 3d engine?
                    It's just sad that someone makes such viruses. At least they could try to do them smaller.

ciao, ivan
                    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

almost never get viruses per mail
                      But I know that it aint my ISP that filters them out, because other with the same isp gets "virus spammed"
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Got it quite a few times on Monday, hasn't occured since although I did get Klez yet again today.

Comment

Why can't someone write a virus that attacks Klez. It's been around for yonks.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X