No announcement yet.

Quick question about half-life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VJ, our monitors default res is 1600x1200, there would be a nice thick border all around.
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by mmp121
      VJ, our monitors default res is 1600x1200, there would be a nice thick border all around.
      Then play at 16x12?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If the machines aren't fast enough for that, play in 800x600 and interpolate - built-in AA, baby

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

My addicted to TFC (HL mod) buddy says that there should be some console command to do this.
          Presumably something like width and high (plus something). Maybe with screen also.
          You should search for some more complete than average site with console commands and if that'll fail, he said to download the sdk eventually - it should be there.
          Anyway he said that setting custom resolutions in HL is rather possible.
          Nuno, perhaps go and ask some hl specyfic web community? Or some valve/sierra tech support.

Comment

The Q engines had the possibility to define the screen res by console commands. I don't remember if HL has a feature like that. It's heavily modified, but trying to search a doc with the commands (eg. a HL SDK should have one) wouldnt be a bad idea. The bad thing is that the HL Loader (the menu) could overwrite the custom settings. The 1600x1200 (and some lower) res were implemented in one of the patches. It's not about a new card - you can play with 1600x1200 on a tnt1 or Nowheres g400. I dont know if it would be probable to build a 'mod' that could hack the res system, but i'm none of a programer.

Comment

The above addict to be exact

Which said that he goes to sleep so I've decided to post reply myself.
              But he hadn't apparently.

Another sleeples night with TFC, huh?

Comment

Nowhere - only 3 more posts for a 666er! Go you post whore go! :>

Comment

Nah, you didn't see real post whores yet :>

(stick here a while, you will )
                  Last edited by Nowhere; 13 June 2003, 14:49.

Comment

There are post whores here? Where? Nowhere?

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I got an IM connection with Nowhere. He is a bitch. Really. Getting 200 kB of pure text a hour from him is... end. I will only say he gets about 5 kB from me
                      Last edited by Guest; 13 June 2003, 15:02.

Comment

Ok, just to finish this up, I didnĀ“t find anything on how to set custom resolutions as Kruzin already pointed.

Comment

Working...
                        X