AMD CPU Price changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD CPU Price changes?

I am looking to pick up two MP 2400+ for my A7M266-D.
    The prices seem to be lowering, especially since the Bartons have appeared.

Anyone know if there are MP price cuts in the midst, or is now a good a time as any to buy?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Well, newegg's MP2400 Retail are $158, up $5 from the $153 I paid for mine...Now's about the right time.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

£250 for two MP2400+s and the XPs are so cheap now
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Preach it, brother....but rest at night knowing that you have the most tested, in-spec processors, made by AMD.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Actually, the $ to £ difference isn't that far off...

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
            Preach it, brother....but rest at night knowing that you have the most tested, in-spec processors, made by AMD.
            How is the MP better tested?

Comment

It's tested a lot more to make sure they're within certain operational parameters, and they have to test the circuitry that does cache comparison between chips, something the XPs don't have to worry about as much.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have seen an MP on eBay.
                I have contacted the seller and the reserve is higher than www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk so I wont be bidding any more.

I note however that the model number is that of an OEM CPU and not a retail one as advertised.

Naturally, the seller isn't replying to their emails.

What do you think?

Comment

It is a bit suspicious. Though the price is in the range of the acceptable.

You can argue that it isn't a retail processor based on the procesor serial number as the basis for not honoring the Auction, or you may retract the bid. Auction houses are forgiving of neophyte bidders (you have a (0) feedback, so that makes you a newbie in their eyes).

Comment

bah - their reserve was £130!

Comment

Working...
                    X