OpenGL probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL probs

I have problems with my Parhelia 512 - 128 MB retail, when running the OpenGL screensavers from Really Slick Screensavers. When running 2 displays+1 feature display (2 LCD + TV)- the colors is totaly wierd. When running with only one display the colors looks OK. Anyone who knows where the problem could be?

Is gigacolor enabled???
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Well - yes and no. In PowerDesk|Quality and Performance Settings|Desktop settings - 10 bit GigaColor is chosen, but in Display Properties|Settings|Color quality - only 32 bit is shown???I'm running WindowsXP + .Net 1.0, and erverything else works fine, so i don't understand why i cant use GigaColor.

I've just changed to 16.8 million in Power Desk, but that didn't change anything.

The funny part is, that in the little preview monitor in Display Properties|Screen Saver - there the colors is OK
      Last edited by PrebKlok; 29 June 2003, 16:16.

Comment

Turn off gigacolor. There's literally no reason for you to have it on in your configuration.

The P has two internal RAMDACs, and the TV is driven by a 3rd-party RAMDAC. This 3rd party DAC does <B>not</B> do GigaColor.

Also, you're running LCDs on RAMDACs 1 & 2. LCDs only have about a 6-bit color depth. You're not even getting 8-bit color(!), so GigaColor has no benefit for you.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well... as I wrote, I've just turned off GigaColor, and changed to 16.8 million in Power Desk, but that didn't change anything. And again the funny part is, that in the little preview monitor in Display Properties|Screen Saver - there the colors is OK. It is when i turn to full screen the colors get mixed up.

When i set Display Properties|Color quality - to 16 bit, full screen works fine. Does that mean that you can't use 32 bit colors and OpenGl, when running 3 screens?
          Last edited by PrebKlok; 30 June 2003, 13:32.

Comment

I found the answer myself . Setting Maximum number of simultaneous colors to 16.8 million in Games and 3D Settings solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X