No announcement yet.

NForce2 and Matrox G400 incompatible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NForce2 and Matrox G400 incompatible ?

I 've bought an MSI K7N2 Delta-L m/b to go with an Athlon XP 1500+ and a Matrox G400 DH.
    The problem I get is that once I soft reset the machine I am unable to access the BIOS. I get a black screen with a blue stripe at the bottom and the system stalls. MSI's diagnostic leds show 2 red lights ("Testing VGA BIOS").

The strange thing is that if I turn off the machine and then turn it on I may get to BIOS for the first time (but no always - sometimes I have to reset its clock or leave it unpowered for minutes).

The board came with a 5.0 BIOS which I upgraded to latest 5.2 without solving the problem. I tried an old PCI card and I didn't have any problems. I 've started thinking I have a defective motherboard or there is an incompatibility with the Matrox gfx card.

Any suggestions ?

A friend of mine has my old Matrox G400 DualHead in his computer at the moment. Motherboard is Asus A7N8X Deluxe (NForce2) and he doesn't have any problems with his system.

My card is AGP4x version, so it has "4A" in the serial number. What about your card? Is it AGP2x or AGP4x?

Comment

It's an AGP4x version.

Comment

My bad. It's a memory issue.

Comment

Working...
        X