No announcement yet.

Which Optical Mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find with an Optical, any "fabric" type mats work great (and are v. v. v. cheap or can be made from an old pair of underpants for added "skiddiness" )
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Nothing more precise and exact than a raszer boomslang 2100 (the fixed ones of the second built ) on a icemat...
      P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Originally posted by Che Guevara
        Nothing more precise and exact than a raszer boomslang 2100 (the fixed ones of the second built ) on a icemat...
        uhm.. it is not optical , and there is no Canadian dealers from what I can tell...
        I will head out and take a look at the MX700 this weekend, which may not be as accurate, but it will not require cleaning, which my current one here at work needs alot

/*edit: OK they do have canadian distributors, but they are listed under USA.. maybe they should realize Canada is a seperate country */
        Last edited by Tjalfe; 1 August 2003, 10:01.
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

my mx 500 fails (works not reliable) on an ikea desk.

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

That sucks.. I guess I will have to use a mouse pad then
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Very happy with my RatPadz and MX700.
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Also happy with MX700, remember to also get the advanced tools for the mouseware for Windows.

In Linux the MX700 is really nice cause I can set the keys to whatever the hell I want, while Mouseware doesn't do so.
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Just you wait
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Waiting for what? I got it, I love it .
                    Last edited by Che Guevara; 3 August 2003, 07:04.
                    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Just got myself an MX700 - love it!

Comment

I am using a cheap wireless optical mouse/keyboard set...

the brand is called A4Tech... So far so good. It comes with a battery charger so no need to waste batteries!

I love it! Especially at that price point (55 canadian + tax)

Comment

Yes, A4 tech is actually quite good if you like the feel of their products. I don't

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I rmeber a quote from one of the horrible web adverts,

"Get your Boomslang on!"

Comment

Working...
                            X