Really pissed up with Sony.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuno,

PS2's DVD is crap. Utter crap. It's the crap that the dog ate and crapped out again.

Seriously. It's a low-resolution software decode. It can't even keep sync on complex movies. It's SAD.

That said, it's fine on an average TV with an average stereo.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I don´t know. I already tried on this TV-set (Sony KV-28FX68) a friend´s Sony DVP-NS430 DVD and honestly I really couldn´t tell a difference. Ok, TV is decent but not top-notch and the DVD is also mid range but is costs around 180-200€.

I never noticed skips or out of sync on any movie.

Comment

It'll be real obvious on certain things. I first noticed drastic Sync problems on the Trans-Siberian Orchestra DVD. The notes I heard and the guitarists's fingers did NOT match up on the PS2.

Also, try a really nice DVD. Something with really good encoding and a high bitrate.

Or better yet, try a low-res DVD. THAT is good for some laughs. If you put in a low-res DVD (same resolution as VideoCD but higher bitrate) the PS2 will just shit itself, blocks all over the screen, and rushing forward then slowing down. It's VERY ugly.

It's NOT a compliant DVD player. At all.

But then again neither is the XBox.

Gpar_
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Don´t forget it IS a software player engine and as so, it can be updated and optimized and it has changed a bit after some revisions. Be sure to try one of the latest PS2 and see if you still have the same opinion.

Comment

The DVD player software is virtually unchanged since day 1, I'm sad to say. They fixed some obvious glitches from v1 consoles to v2, but after that... nothing.

Gpar_

Comment

Working...
            X