VIA Releases Free HyperTransport™ Analyzer Utility for AMD64 Based Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funky-d-munky
    [BWell name any company other than Intel who is more then 1 generation deep into a good chipset?
    funky [/B]
    Sis 648 chipset wasn't a bad chipset at all and the 645dx wasn't bad either.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

STRIKE STRIKE!!?!!~ Don't say the "V" WOrD!!~

SerVeerWerks!
      Nvudia!
      SiS!

Comment

"Sis 648 chipset wasn't a bad chipset at all and the 645dx wasn't bad either."
        Thats the same generation, kind of like a KT-133a and a KT-333.
        I am saying from PI to P2 to P4. You know, a hole new architecture. No one but Intel has had any consistancy. So I thought it fair to point out that because VIA had some problems with their K7 chipset, does not mean their K8 chipset will suck as well.
        It very well might, but you understand if I don't take your word as fact The PIT.
        But of course I would gladly read any facts you have on any K8 chipset (good bad or otherwise) as thats what this thread is about.
        funky
        Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

It's Time Again!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's that time again huh?

Technoid is right, it's not like the topic is progressing much...

Anyway, unless some of you have pre-release boards from VIA/Nvidia/Asus or whomever it's pointless to argue.

We probably just have to wait a couple of weeks until release...

Comment

funky: their are a lot of people who have been burnt with via, and some burnt twice after giving via "the benefit of the doubt".

I know when the matrox RT stuff was first popping up, Dr M splurged on a new "u beaut' top o the line gigabyte kt333 board..which turned out to be unusable, FFS it was beaten by the "nearly" cheapest board avaliable at the time (ecs k7s5a)...

No one in this forum,(well maybe some) is going to a punt on a new and very expensive opteron board form via, NV..maybe.

You are going to have to wait for an "impartial" reviewer like "tom" to see a good via review (cough )...

With AMD's built in hypertransport and memory controllers you would think no manufacturer could feck up an opteron board, but we see how talented the various manufactueres are in 2 months..

Comment

funky,
                as of this moment i cant say yeah or nay. personally while i am still running my system on kt133, i have faced some hdd issues and a bit of stability problems when i push the system hard. However, for normal usage i have not much problems.
                The K8 series have not really been tested or reviewed fully and VIA has a chance of redeeming themselves BUT until there are boards out in the market and even if a few guys have tried it out and have no problems, VIA will be under heavy scrutiny.
                That should clear up if they change like ATi or SiS did.
                (remember SiS is NOT a top performing platform but it is stable and so people will buy it)

So just play the waiting game, and dont count the chickens before they are hatched
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

With regard to the thread, I would be trust an utility that is made by a neutral thirdparty without the intervention of any of the Motherboard manufacturers. Nowadays people rarely trust Future(3D)mark2003 as Ati and Nvidia shall we say cheated, so how can i trust an utility that was developed by the same company and hope that there will be an unbiased result regarding boards made by other manufacturers.
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior
                    With regard to the thread, I would be trust an utility that is made by a neutral thirdparty without the intervention of any of the Motherboard manufacturers. Nowadays people rarely trust Future(3D)mark2003 as Ati and Nvidia shall we say cheated, so how can i trust an utility that was developed by the same company and hope that there will be an unbiased result regarding boards made by other manufacturers.

All in favour say "Aye"
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Aye
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Aye
                        <font size="-4">User error:
                        Replace user and try again.
                        System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                        System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                        </font>

Comment

Aye !

And I agree that such an utility should be released by AMD to have credibility.
                          Also, I would've expected nVidia to pull such a stunt, not VIA.

Comment

good point Belwarrior. good comparison there. Its just like having nVIDIA to make 3dmark lol... and test it on an ATI platform

so yea... aye!

Comment

I'm not so suspicious. When a company cheats they get caught and then ave to deal with all the negative press. Not worth it, just ask nvidia.
                              My feelngs are that it is a pretty baisc benchmark ment to show the faults of ONE of the competng chipsets, (ALi seems to be the guess at the moment) then spin this through advertising to give the reader the impression hat VIA is the only one who dosen't suffer from the problem.
                              One thing for sure it isn't the Nforce3, as AMD has adopted it as their house brand (it is the board that they are including with all their give aways) so my early guess is that Nf3 will be he best of the new boards out of the gate.
                              funky
                              Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Originally posted by funky-d-munky
                                I'm not so suspicious. When a company cheats they get caught and then ave to deal with all the negative press. Not worth it, just ask nvidia.
                                IF they get caught.

People have forgotten about quack3. People have forgotten about past nVidia FPS tricks, and will forget about this one soon. The fact is, the companies come out ahead. People buy the products, get pissed off, forget, and keep buying the products.
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X