Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
    aperantly Intel still have one more surprise coming in.... i wonder
    That's the thing with Intel, they always have something to counter with. It can be everything from too OC'ed PIII's to whatever else. Whatever it takes to beat AMD.

Comment

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Oh boy, l33t gamers get to pay an extra $150-$250 for an extra 5-10 fps. Just think the P4EE is just a shame to take away from the Athlon 64 launch.

Release the Prescott core early, and then we may have something to talk about.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

btw, is anyone here getting A64 early at launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            Oh boy, l33t gamers get to pay an extra $150-$250 for an extra 5-10 fps. Just think the P4EE is just a shame to take away from the Athlon 64 launch.

Release the Prescott core early, and then we may have something to talk about.

Jammrock
            I'm waiting to see benchmarks of the P4EE with Spice, compile jobs, and other simulation software. It could be worth the money in the workstation area.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              www.aceshardware.com

AZ
              Removed!
              You can find the #s over here http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...language_tools
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

They've been removed since a while now, but they (and more) will be back tomorrow, when the NDA expires.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Benchmark scores.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                    i just hope they make the p4 capable of DP .... the P4 s advance better than the xeons interms of technology... 800fsb vs 533.... and the chipsets too....
                    There already are DP capable P4s, they are called Xeons, XeonsDP and XeonsMP.

IIRC Grantsdale Chipset and Nocona (Prescott Xeon) will introduce 800MHz FSB in mid 04 for multiprocessor machines on the Intel side.

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

A64 is still better in most games. EE seems to be better at sympathic benchmarks tho...

I really want to see how they do in folding/SETI...

If AMD can put in 2048KB cache into the A64, things should get VERY INTERESTING!

I'd prefer A64 over EE because, for the same price, I get 64bit and performance are almost the same in 32bit.

Sorry, but I am AMD biased, but can't help it

Comment

A64 certainly made quite a performance impact from the reviews we have seen online. It is probably going to show even better performance when software support catch up. The problem is that AMD is going to change to new socket for Athlon FX next year according to Xbitlabs, that makes it less attractive to upgrade!

HFU

Comment

Intel is implementing a two-pronged approach to market pricing, in the hope of deflecting potential challenges from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).

To match these market needs, Intel plans to set the top-notch high-performance Pentium 4 3.2GHz (P4PXE, P4 Processor Extreme Edition) at the unprecedented high level of US$925. The new product is set to hit the market in early November.
                            At the same time, Intel will enhance the 2.8GHz, 3GHz and 3.2GHz Pentium 4s’ 512K L2 cache memory to 1MB. Prices for the new version will stay the same, although Intel has not yet confirmed a transition schedule.
                            Intel high-prices go higher, low-prices set for increased value The price exceeds general market anticipation significantly, in previous articles, DigiTimes reported a target price of US$700 for the P4 HTEE (Hyper-Threading Technology Extreme Edition). At the same time, Intel will enhance the 2.8GHz, 3GHz and 3.2GHz Pentium 4s’ 512K L2 cache memory to 1MB. Intel is implementing a two-pronged approach to market pricing, in the hope of deflecting potential challenges from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). To match these market needs, Intel plans to set the top-notch high-performance Pentium 4

Comment

Sweet Jesus, that's insane. Let's see, a pair of new AthlonXP systems, or a single P4EE CPU.

Comment

Bugger just bought a 3 gig now they're gonna put 1mb at the same price.
                                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                                X