Pop up eliminators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up eliminators

Which in your opinion is a decent program to remove popups when surfing.

Any freeware or shareware?

Thanks,
    Elie

Gurm would disagree, but I just use Mozilla.

Comment

www.admuncher.com hands down. For $25 it gets you lifetime of the best ad and pop-up removal out there.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I went with UtwigMU's suggestion and Mozilla 1.4 has a popup manager built in, so far so good!

I will keep IE as a backup

Thanks again!
        Elie

Comment

The Google toolbar seems to work pretty good too.

Comment

Official Google Chrome Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Google Chrome and other answers to frequently asked questions.

It actually makes IE almost usable. It's killed over 100 pop-ups in the two weeks since I put it on my mother's computer.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The popup stopper in firebird is good as well, in addtion you can get the "click to play" shockwave/flash thing to stop the flash adds as well.

It on the same site as mozilla

Comment

Argh, why was I so slow?

Gurm would agree, I just use Opera (Might want to wait for 7.20 final though, lots of enhancements!)

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, there are still a lot of popups that Opera won't catch, and that Mozilla won't catch either.

You want a popup-free existence, while still allowing through popups that you've CLICKED ON?

PopupCop, by Edensoft. Only works in IE, but it's the best available. When I'm surfing... *ahem* questionable *ahem* sites... I use IE with PopupCop. Otherwise I use Opera, its popup stopping is "good enough".

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                    The Google toolbar seems to work pretty good too.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

My vote goes to Google Toolbar. It also leaves you the choice to activate the popup of certain pages when you click (exemple when you click a link that opens another window, some popup killer wouldn't allow you to do that). Plus it features an auto-fill util that might seems laughable at first but is REALLY useful.
                      Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        Well, there are still a lot of popups that Opera won't catch, and that Mozilla won't catch either.

You want a popup-free existence, while still allowing through popups that you've CLICKED ON?

PopupCop, by Edensoft. Only works in IE, but it's the best available. When I'm surfing... *ahem* questionable *ahem* sites... I use IE with PopupCop. Otherwise I use Opera, its popup stopping is "good enough".

- Gurm
                        I use Zone Alarm Pro and Google toolbar. Between those two I get no pop-ups.

Dave
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Really? I wasn't aware that Google Toolbar blocked eyelets, popovers, popunders, scripted pops, and flash pops. I'll check it out, but I bet it doesn't. I bet I could find a site or two that would make your browser go nuts. Plus any software that has to be teamed up with Zone Alarm (in my opinion the worst piece of code ever written bar none) is a piece of software I won't be running.

- Gurm
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Point me to a site. I'd be curious if something can get through.

Dave

Comment

btw, I dont know what eyelets, scripted pops or flash pops are. I'm thinking the flash pops are the ones that aren't in a window, rather they kind of 'float' above the current window? If that is what it is, then you are right, those still show up. But there are hardly sites that have them for me to even think about it.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X