No announcement yet.

MX700 as a general use battery charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX700 as a general use battery charger?

Anyone use their MX700 to charge batteries for use in things besides your mouse? Any unforseen problems this may cause?
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

It only accepts NiMH though, IIRC. I might not remember correctly, so it might be only NiCd. Anyway, a good, intelligent, fast charger will always be better - the charger can be more important than the batteries. Cheap chargers won't charge your batteries fully, or worse yet - overcharge them.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's right. Get a Maha charger and you won't regret it with much better rechargeable batter performance...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Almost any R/C battery charger will do a better/best job. Do a search on ebay
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with Greebe. I own an R/C battery charger and it can charge practically any cell with all different kinds of settings. You can look at the status with the touch of a button. Very intelligent.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Oh okay, thanks. I've never used a battery recharger ever, so no experience.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

RC chargers MAY not be suitable for NiMH, as NiCd is still the preferred battery for RC stuff. Also, most RC chargers are unwieldy, expensive, and not very easy to use. And some batteries can't stand to be charged THAT fast.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

MAHA makes all sorts of stuff. I have a general-purpose NiMH charger I got from them in order to charge my biking headlight.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  RC chargers MAY not be suitable for NiMH, as NiCd is still the preferred battery for RC stuff. Also, most RC chargers are unwieldy, expensive, and not very easy to use. And some batteries can't stand to be charged THAT fast.

AZ
                  Mine chargers both and you can set the time it takes to charge the battery. They are extremely intelligent. They are expesnive though.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                  X