Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technoid
    everything should be stored there
    I meant in the program itself, not saving composed/sent e-mails in the the specific sent folder. Though I see that it saves them under Local Folders/Sent instead of the e-mail account's Sent folder.

Comment

Outlook 2003 is pretty snazzy. MUCH improved over Outlook 2002 (XP). Obviously some of the benefits are only available when using exchange server, but there are still lots of nice features for POP3 or IMAP users. Default settings are max security (no image download or auto attachment launching).

"Search Folders" are really useful. Example, you can have custom searches for mail from a certain person or domain, mail that is flagged for follow-up, or any number of other criteria, and they all show up in their own folder.

Connect to any kind of mail server under the sun. Offline caching is quite well integrated. Transparent to the user when you're disconnected. Reconnects automatically when your connection comes back up.

The calendar is much prettier now too, but the "Outlook Today" screen is completely unchanged for some reason. It could still use some more customizability.

The only problem obviously is price, but since my company has a really good enterprise agreement, we get to install on a home computer as well.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Mozilla Thunderbird here as well...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

i still use NS 4.76 as i can backup the folder structure and if needed blast the PC and point NS back at the copied folder to get it all back.......
          TRY THAT with M$ products
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

It's entirely possible to save OE's stuff too.
            Just find the right folder in Doc&Settings, copy it somewhere safe, blast Windows to Kingdom Come, and copy the folder back.

Worked most of the times I tried it
            <font size="-4">User error:
            Replace user and try again.
            System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
            System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
            </font>

Comment

It's buried deep under "Documents and Settings\'user name'\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\'{B49620....}'\Microsoft\Outlook Express".

Comment

I always change the default mail location, default is a bit long.

Never lost any mail just by saving the folder contents and as Zao says it does recreate the folder structure etc, just need to set a few options again.

Comment

Working...
                X