No announcement yet.

TFT for gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an Eizo L365 for over a year now and it's a great LCD.
    The L365 isn't available any longer but the new product is called L367 with the same specs.

Sorry seems to be german only but the specs should be mostly readable:
    Das ist nicht die Seite, die Sie gesucht haben. Bitte besuchen Sie eine andere Seite auf unserer Website.

Zou can also use http://dict.leo.org or babelfish for translation.
    cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
    ---
    Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
    JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
    Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Rakido: Take a look at www.prad.de

Beezer: The NEC 2080UX costs a bit more, but it's better suited for gaming, has a 1600x1200 resolution, and is generally a great screen.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What would be the minimum acceptable horizontal viewing angle ?
        120', 130' or 140' ?

Comment

Hmm, fairly on topic article:

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Most (if not all) of the 16 ms panel are Auoptronic based.
            they're 6 bit panel (oppose to 8 bit panel) and render 260 000 true color and dithers the other.

that being said if your goal is to play some games, you won't find see much difference between a 6bit and a 8 bit (millions color) panel.

if you do more intense graphic , you will definitly see a big difference.
            As far as the NEC is concerned it is based on AU panel , so is the viewsonic vp171b. The only panel which might be 16 ms with 8 bit is the LG one, and depending where you live or availability you might end with an AU panel. the 172x from Samsung is not available right now, nobody has it in stock

I suggest you go to those 2 boards which might be very helpful

HardOcp display forum

and

Ars technica forums- look for the great LCD thread (100 pages !!!)

Good Luck

BTW i own 2 LCD a LG1710B 9Au based one) and a Planar px191 (it rocks).
            Athlon64 4800+
            Asus A8N deluxe
            2 gig munchkin ddr 500
            eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
            X-Fi Fatality
            HP w2207

Comment

I have a LG 1710B 17" TFT 16ms and it works great, both in Windows and in games.
              QDI KinetiZ 7E, Athlon XP 1800+, 1 GB PC133 SDRAM, ATi Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB, SB Live! 5.1, Memorex 40x CD-RW, NEC ND-2500A DVD-/+RW, 120 + 80 GB Seagate Barracuda, Windows XP SP1, 17" LG L1710B TFT

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                There is no 16ms element for 15" LCD's, but there is a 20ms one.
                Hmm, found five 15 " models rated as 16ms by the manufacturer.

The Samsung 152X; reading on some sites and forums it turns out to be 17ms.

ViewSonic VE500, couldn't find any review or much feedback, though reading through the Rage3D forums there was some guy complaining about ghosting on this monitor. Could've been a defective monitor or bad settings.

BenQ (Acer) FP557s, FP567s & FP581s. Cheap monitors and surprisingly good user reports about the first two (identical models, only the 567s has speakers), not much found on the later.
                I think they are all AU Optronics panels, not really sure.

Supposing the BenQ and ViewSonic are really 16ms parts, how does one come to terms with the 0.297mm dot pitch ?

Comment

afaik Benq = AU Optronics.

Comment

And together with Acer they seem to be part of the Pan Acer Group, or so it's stated there.
                    Thus my confusion and why I remembered Acer.

Comment

ahhhhh I see.. it does indeed list AU Optronics as property of the Benq company.

Comment

Anyone knows if AG Neovo make their own panels, or do they also use AU Optronics ?
                        Their NeoV filter looks nice, they're probably one of the few if not the only ones that use an extra layer of glass to protect the panel.

They only seem to have one 16ms panel, a 15" (X-15A), but sadly it's a 6 bit (262,144 colors stated in the specs file).

Comment

This one is looking kinda interesting.. 19" with 15ms response!
                          listed as comming soon.. which I guess will mean that you can find it in stores sometime next year.. if you are lucky

Panel:¡iFujitsu¡jFLC48SXC8V-10
                          *Display Area: 376.32 (H) x 301.056 (V) mm
                          *Resolution: SXGA 1280 x RGB (W) x 1024 (H)
                          *Pixel Pitch: 0.294 x 0.294
                          *Typical Luminance: 260 cd/m2 (nits)
                          *Contrast Ratio: 700:1 typical
                          *Support Colors: 16.7M
                          *View Angle: Left/Right/Up/Down: 85¢X/85¢X/85¢X/85¢X,CR>=10
                          *Response Time: 15 ms typical
                          *Wall Mount: VESA standard 75 x 75 mm / 100 x 100 mm under the base
                          *Regulations: CE/VCCI/BSMI/UL/TUV/CB/FCC/TCO99
                          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Admiral, the extra layer of glass will most likeley only have one really visible effect: More reflection (because the glass is further away from the LCD transistors than the usual display screen is, anti-glare coating can't be as strong without blurring the image). Do you really need glass in front of your screen to protect it? I for one almost never touch my CRT - because I hate the fingerprints.

AZ

Comment

I don't normally touch my CRT screen either, I might get a print there on rare occasions by mistake, but it does get a bit dusty/dirty after a few months.
                              It surely seems easier to clean the glass rather than worry about how much pressure you apply.

Comment

Have you tried pressurized Air for dusting? I haven't, but with sensitive surfaces, it seems the way to go - especially if you only use it occasionally (otherwise, it might become a little expensive, and also not very environmentally-friendly).

AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X