No announcement yet.

BTX mobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, something inside my head hurts when I look at the BTX layout, and it looks like they're playing Tetris with the BTX PSU.

Comment

yes, i agree with you admiral! I think the new design looks weird for some strange reason...

Comment

it's basically upside down and flipped from the right side of the case to the left one (so you'll have to open the right side panel instead of the left one as of now on atx cases).

Comment

I am just wondering whether the Large fan at the front won't actually be causing a lot of noise. I guess the CPU itself will have a fan as well?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

And dust... Case manufacturers will have to make sure you can put filters in front of the fans (which in turn will have a negative impact on the flow).

It could be that the BTX layout is better, but I kind of like the 2 80 mm fans blowing out at the back, just where the CPUs are located.
            Imagine the consequences for e.g. Dell, with their current low-noise cases (passive heatsink on PSU, fan ducted from over the heatsing mounted on the back panel of the case, blowing out; or the slim cases which use a blower (lateral fan)...).

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

isn't the cpu located in the front with BTX?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                isn't the cpu located in the front with BTX?
                Yes, it is.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Euhm, I meant in the present ATX setup...

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                  X