No announcement yet.

PC Halting, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like your ram is okay, but setting it to SPD values and doing a round of test to verify it runs would not hurt.

I guess next thing to test is your video, do you have an alterantive video card to try for a while?

Comment

Yeah, bump for fastwrites. They are certainly the devil.

Comment

I think that was one of the first things I disabled on the AIW when I found out about them via SmartGART. But I guess it didn't help much. Right now FastWrites are disabled, but the AIW still gives me trouble. I am thinking that the card needs re-seating.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Aiw 9000pro latest drivers
          Via P4x266 chipset mainboard -P4 2400b
          windows XP

I had random frezees most of the times watching videos or with video editing program (not with games). No Ram timings (or AGP 4x-2x-1x mode) solved the problem. Now with some bios settings it seems i don't have the problem any more (but i need further time to test because the "randomness" of the problem):
          AGP master 1 ws write DISABLED
          AGP master 1 ws read DISABLED
          CPU to AGP Post write DISABLED
          CPU to AGP write buffer DISABLED

I read somewhere that reducing AGP aperture to 64M may help (but i don't like this settings for games).
          So try disabling AGP and PCI timings.
          I hope this help

Comment

sorry
            CPU to PCI write buffer DISABLED

Comment

Things I've done so far...

- I've changed the memory to SPD and BIOS Slow, and no random halts yet. *knocks on wood*

- I installed CAT 3.9 w/Hotfix since I have an AIW and MMC 8.7

CAT 3.9 w/Hotfix does NOT have VPU Recover. So I will have to see what happens with that now.

Otherwise, i guess right now I'm on a wait and see approach. Thanks again for all your help. I will try them out and see what happens in the up coming few days.
              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
              X