Pioneer Digital Sound Projector...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer Digital Sound Projector...

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stereo, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

ONE digital sound projector is all you need for 7-channel surround sound - no speakers required, and no wires all over. It's self-amplified. It learns the layout of your media room. And it looks cooler than...

- 500-watt digital sound projector with 254 individual speakers, each with its own compact digital amplifier.
    Direct digital connection from a similarly equipped DVD or CD player
    - It perfectly projects up to seven separate sound beams containing surround sound information (such as Dolby Digital) to pinpoint locations in your media room
    We mean YOUR media room. It can be programmed for room size, texture of the floor and walls, and even whether the curtains are open or closed.
    - No need for an A/V receiver, outboard amplifier, or any other speakers
    - Only 5" thick

If this performs as advertised...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

That is NICE !!!

..SWEEEEEETT!

I wonder if you get the "special software" for your own laptop...in case you move?

cc

Comment

I read a review somewhere that sait the sound is AWESOME!

However, it costs $50,000.

ouch.

Comment

I know a little about waveforms (more from an EE rather than audio perspective) but not tons. How are all these little speakers going to manage mid and lower frequencies?
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
          I know a little about waveforms (more from an EE rather than audio perspective) but not tons. How are all these little speakers going to manage mid and lower frequencies?
          The main reason for using a large speaker for low frequencies is so that you can move a lot of air. Using 254 small speakers in unison gives you just about the same effect. If each speaker has a 2-watt amp, that gives you 508 watts total - a pretty massive amount for a subwoofer (in a living room).

- Steve

Comment

Working...
          X