Damn it Fujifine pix S7000 and XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it Fujifine pix S7000 and XP

Just checked out my new camara as I'm going to use it tomorrow.
    One problem it won't talk to my pc's properly either of them.

Whats supposed to happen after you installed the software is that a removable disk is displayed under my computer.

Nope it doesn't. You use the inbuilt XP camara software so I can download the pictures but the finepix software cannot see it.

I tried different usb ports uninstalled and re-installed the drivers. Removed all the software and tried again. Updated the usb drivers twice, 3.2 on the main fujifilm website four on the UK site.

Cleaned out all the rejistry entries still no go.

The problem seems to be that it using the wrong drivers but I can't force it to use the ones on the cd. If I do that it says there isn't any information about the device. Great.

Any other ideas anyone??? I've emailed the tech support and will ring them after the holidays to see if they've got any ideas.
    Last edited by The PIT; 27 December 2003, 08:22.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Some cameras won't start a USB connection right after you plug them in, you have to get into USB transfer mode first, and for some (mine, for example) you need to select "start transfer" or "connect" even after that.

But you should really get a standalone card reader. They're much faster than a camera, cheap, and you won't break them if you accidentally wipe them off your desk. And you can leave them plugged in all the time, and use them to read and write all times of data.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
      Some cameras won't start a USB connection right after you plug them in, you have to get into USB transfer mode first, and for some (mine, for example) you need to select "start transfer" or "connect" even after that.

But you should really get a standalone card reader. They're much faster than a camera, cheap, and you won't break them if you accidentally wipe them off your desk. And you can leave them plugged in all the time, and use them to read and write all times of data.

AZ

I did everything by the book. Basically all you need to do is select transfer mode turn the camera off plug it in and then switch it on again. My older camera works fine. I'm not aware of any XD card readers. It does take Microdrives and I've got a reader that can take those.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

There is an XD reader from Olympus, IIRC, but it's expensive. There may be others, I think some multi-slot readers have xd slots.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeh the only ones I've seen are from Fujifilm or Olympus and cost around £30 ++.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sandisk and Kingston make much cheaper readers!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              Yeh the only ones I've seen are from Fujifilm or Olympus and cost around £30 ++.
              the £30 one is Olympus ref. MAUSB10. there's however a MAUSB100 which has an MSRP of 36 EUR VAT included, but is XD cards only.

Comment

Find yourself one of these. I have the 6 in 1, and it's very good. Quick and reliable. The one I linked to supports every kind of flash card on the market, including xD. Lists for US$40, so you should be able to find it for around £30, give or take.

Edit: I found this one from Lexar for sale for $42 canadian, so that would be under £20 if you can find it.
                Last edited by agallag; 24 December 2003, 22:40.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Do your USB ports work at all? Have you tested them with other USB equipment?
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

If the usb port doesn't work home come my other camera works plus the fact the camera fails too work correctly on my other pc.

True it may not like my motherboards as they're both the same type.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Maybe the digicams USB-plug is defective. Are you able to get access to another computer with totally different hardware setup? If the damn thing doesn't want to work there as well, I'd say chances are that it is simply defective...
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                        Maybe the digicams USB-plug is defective. Are you able to get access to another computer with totally different hardware setup? If the damn thing doesn't want to work there as well, I'd say chances are that it is simply defective...
                        Unless my sister drops here pc off I won't have access to another machine until after the break.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pit, do you have any network drives mapped? Reason I ask, on an XP machine of a friend's, (networked), certain, but not all, USB Flash Drives (same basic principle as digicam) will not easily work on his, as the flash drive is looking to grab the first drive letter after the CD Rom, and the Network drive will not give it up. He can unmap his Network, "E" drive, and the flash drive will take the drive letter, and work great. This same flash drive on my, un networked, XP machine, with 6 hard drive partitions, and two CD Roms, will just go to the next highest letter it can, and work without a hitch.
                          Just a rambling thought.
                          You did what?

Comment

I do but not as the first drive. Again the old camera works fine with the same software. Also the other machine has no mapped drives and has the same problem.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've bought another reader the sandisk as agallag kindly linked too.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X