Not a good way to break into the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good way to break into the market

The V Duo is an absolutely horrible card. Loud, hot, slow, eXtreme Graphics optImization, poor IQ, borked drivers, eXtreme cost, ridiculous power consumption.

WTF was XGI thinking???

I'm pretty sure both Deltachrome and even Parhelia give this bucket a beating.
    Last edited by bsdgeek; 17 January 2004, 09:08.

Ouch,

Even my Geforce Ti4200 is faster :/ Of course, mine doesn't have to deal with DX9 pixel/vertex shaders.
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

It looks the absolute dog from the test...following the steps of the Xabre?

Comment

LOL...

A new master of cheating

Man, if they decide to cheat, they don't have to make it so obvious ...

Comment

What a joke... a sad $499 joke!

XGI better hope this situation can be improved in future driver revisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasz
            What a joke... a sad $499 joke!

XGI better hope this situation can be improved in future driver revisions.
            If they needed to cheat as badly as they did, that will never happen.

Comment

They cheated and still came last

The un-optamized benches are so bad you've got to hope there was some kind of problem with their card. I don't know what a G400 Max would get but it probably wouldn't be much worse and that's a single GPU card which is years old
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

They went about the cheating the wrong way...

First, you actually have to build a decent piece of hardware, or at least one which gets top frame rates even if the quality isn't fantastic. Do that for a couple of generations, then start the cheating. When you're inevitably found out, your legions of adoring fps-whores will rush to your defence, saying "they're not cheating, they're optimising for those particular programs".
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
                X