Uninstall Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Question

The question is? I have tried to download the uninstaller and it is not in my matrox folder there is a uninstaller with an red X through it but it doesn't say that its what you use... and I'm afraid to try to use it because I don't know if it is the right thing to do. I tried to ask the question on the tech forum and they are closed untill mon. Is there anyone out there that can answer the question for me here.... I have XP and a matrox 550 that I want to install the new drivers to my computer...
    Lynn

I thought they had the uninstaller built in the driver since the G400 days ?
    Go in Add or Remove Programs and see if there is a Matrox Power Desk (or whatever it's called) entry that you can uninstall.

Comment

if I remember correctly any driver version above 5.xx had the uninstall facility under add|remove programs.

Comment

Thanks you guy's but the reason that I asked the question was this is part of the e-mail that I got from the matrox people on there forum:
        (Quote
        Uninstall your drivers with the uninstaller from here: http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm
        So what is the red X through the uninstaller in the file folder for?
        Lynn

Comment

To stop people running it without reason probably. Just run it if you're really nervous do a full backup first which is always a good idea anyway.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It seems that the red X is just like you said a detrent to keep you from doing something that you will reget ...... I went ahead and ran the uninstaller and it worked just fine so be it.... And Thanks for your replys and help....
            Last edited by Lynn Ross; 24 January 2004, 22:07.

Comment

Working...
            X