Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jEdit and vim

For free wysiwyg I'd suggest nvu.com or Mozilla's Composer
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by piaxVirus
      Vi
      I'll second vi!! with a touch of perl.
      RC Agent
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
      AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

If you're using *nix, emacs is the only way to go.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
          If you're using *nix, emacs is the only way to go.
          And even if you're not, you can run it with Cygwin.

I just reinstalled Cygwin for the first time in a while. Man, they've come really far.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You don't need cygwin for Vi.

It's smaller, faster, and it's everywhere!

Who started this? Oh, it was me.
            I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

Visual Studio .Net

let the abuse begin...
              -We stop learning when We die, and some
              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

You mention that again and I'll think about changeing you to a murcette
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Mozilla composer, as its free.
                  And textpad for the other bits

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                    You mention that again and I'll think about changeing you to a murcette
                    -We stop learning when We die, and some
                    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I like/use Dreamweaver and AceHTML (freeware html editor, kind of like notepad with syntax highlighting and some other features)

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

DreamWeaver and UltraEDIT 10. Tho DreamWeaver alone is enough...
                        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

used to use frontpage...dreamweaver... Golive... but gotten lazy of late and using Netobjects Fussion
                          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

If you're doing any web page/site development for asian (and other like) languages then most editors fall flat on their collective faces. One way around this is to use UTF-8 (unicode), but even this encoding is usually not widely supported, sadly. Dreamweaver has some of the "best" support for asian charactersets and unicode; though it can take a bit of tweaking to get it there. TextPad also has good support for the UTF-8 and is a nice light-weight editor.

I always tend to suggest trying some of the better (read, recommended) applications and then going with the one that works best for you. I tend to use TextPad and Dreamweaver; the latter is great for site development.
                            Last edited by Jessterw; 17 February 2004, 16:26.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                            X