Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eolas browser patent rejected

seems like they finally are going to do the right thing

Actually, I think they're doing the wrong thing. The patent seems valid to me. It was filed back when none of this stuff was obvious.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What worries me is that the patent was rejected. A month ago, Microsoft stopped work on changing it's browser because they were confident the Patent Office would reject the Eolas' patent. Seems fishy to me. This may be sign that the corporation with the most money has full control over the US Patent Office.
      I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

just curious, what browser is this?

Comment

Probably just currently supported versions of I.E.

Comment

Actually, the patent probably should be invalid. Although the filing date was before a lot of web stuff was ever done, the basic idea was incorporated into other things.

I read an article about it where a guy mentioned using something like Lotus Notes to make documents that had embedded tags and data for external applications. Also, HP OpenLook (I think) was meant for exactly that.

There was an IBM program for OS/2 (version 2 or 3) that also did all the embedded "parts" thing - I can't remember the name of it, though.

- Steve

Comment

Working...
            X