Reverse Screen Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Screen Plz

HEyyy does N/E one know of n/e software to reverse my screen horiz and vert?. I cant seem to find n/e thing from matrox software and ultramons gay. nvidia drivers do it no problem. I currently made a projector and the image gets displayed in reverse, I dont want to open up my monitors and do it manually so I was hoping some one could help me with a possibility of vga cable image reversing by flipping some wires around or software, I need to flip not only dvds but games so I can expirience my games 130 inches such ass doom 3 . I would also need software to increase brightness on my monitors and contrast.
    SaTaN^666

Your projector may be able to reverse. They're sometimes made to be used in either front or rear projection mode.

- Steve

Comment

pardon? all I need is my display on my monitor to be flipped horizontally and then I should be fine. I have a dvd image reverser for this but I would also like to play games on my projector.
      SaTaN^666

Comment

Then look for a setting in the projector, not the PC.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Is this the old 'stick a lens infront of your monitor' gag?
          FT.

Comment

No not at all. There are normally settings to flip and or mirror the image so the projector can be used in front/rear projection floor or ceiling mount applications.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I realize that Mike, I was thinking of this:

(that's the best link I can find atm). He did say he MADE a projector.

T.

edit: www.100inchtv.com is what I was thinking of. It's been discussed on here before, but the search isn't throwing anything up.
              Last edited by Fat Tone; 10 April 2004, 13:27.
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                No not at all. There are normally settings to flip and or mirror the image so the projector can be used in front/rear projection floor or ceiling mount applications.
                Small LCD TVs allow for this also. Speaking of which ... I thought it would be neat to make a PC video game table using one of these LCDs. Is there SW to split the 3D image for multi-player, single PC games so you can do head to head gaming over a display?
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

all a projector is (in very simple terms) is a crt, a lens and a screen.

Sony/Barco type Professional systems use a 6-7" monochrome crt's (w/ liquid cooled heat plates) with appropriate filters to produce RGB, three lenses (typically f1.1-1.2) and a single screen to view. But to get any illumination you MUST drive the crts very hard. This is what limits the life expectancy of projection system to ~2000-4000 hours. If you are halfway through the cycle and one crt goes, it's best to replace all than to replace a single one and that's very expensive.

What that website informs you of is what will be needed.. their 'proof' picture was done in complete darkness... not going to work 90% of the time due to ambient light levels. Lest not forget the end result will be bottom of the barrel quality.

Xor: I'm not aware of any post software processing that'll do this on the fly... tho I've been out of the market for sometime
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

only sorts of software i have seen that comes close is software that rotates the screen for pivot displays. reversing the image horizontally is not exactly a common operation... or is it?
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I'd suggest Ultramon, but it's apparently "gay."
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, maybe he fears it would hit on him or something...

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What's with the n/e, typing any is the same amount of characters
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

But n/e is more annoying

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                              But n/e is more annoying
                              IC
                              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X