Which Corsair TwinX ddr to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LL is 2-3-2-6.

I'd either go with 3200C2 or Corsair Value Select (or some other name brand) CAS3 PC3200, unless I'd plan overclock the system. If you plan to do that, the 2.8 with lower multiplier would be a better choice.

Also since you're getting a P4, make sure, you get 3.0C (512kB cache, Northwood core) and not 3.0E (1MB cache, Prescott core) as the latter is slightly slower than Northwood in most applications and runs hotter.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
      The LL is 2-3-2-6.

I'd either go with 3200C2 or Corsair Value Select (or some other name brand) CAS3 PC3200, unless I'd plan overclock the system. If you plan to do that, the 2.8 with lower multiplier would be a better choice.

So you figure that the 3200C2 at $395 presents the best performance to cost of the three choices at stock speed and the 3700 at $335 would be better if I'm overclocking and leave the 3200 low latency right out of the picture?

And I figure that I'll stick with the Corsair TwinX as I know Corsair has a solid product (Corsair is what I've been using in my PIII for a couple of years now) and the TwinX is supposed to be a 'matched set' which should help ensure that the sticks should work fine together.

Also since you're getting a P4, make sure, you get 3.0C (512kB cache, Northwood core) and not 3.0E (1MB cache, Prescott core) as the latter is slightly slower than Northwood in most applications and runs hotter.
      Yeah, I'm planning on the 3.0C as I didn't feel like heating my house with an E series Prescott. The furnace does that just fine

Comment

BTW, thanks for the info/help.

Comment

Working...
        X