R420 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R420 Photos

The Heat Speader looks pretty neat looking compaired the Nvidia offering.

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

the pics I saw didn't have dual dvi. **** that, i'm staying with NVidia.

dual dvi should be ****ing standard on all video cards right now.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

**** the ****ing ****ers

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

LOL, yeah, **** them, those ****ing ****heads!

hey! I like this thread
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
          the pics I saw didn't have dual dvi. **** that, i'm staying with NVidia.

dual dvi should be ****ing standard on all video cards right now.
          Aren't you jumping the gun a little? I mean, the product hasn't even been announced, yet you have made a decision. Plus, I noticed that someone(can't remember who) came out with a dual DVI 9600 the other day.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Doesn't matter! **** them!

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

*shrug* perhaps.

i have yet to see dual DVI Radeon cards more powerful than a Radeon VE available in America, though.

The company you are referring to is HIS. In addition to only being a Radeon 9600 (not even a 9600 Pro), I have yet to see that video card available for sale yet. Sapphire Tech also demonstrated dual DVI 9800 Pro and XT models at CeBit. They have yet to list product information on their website though, let alone give official announcements.

edit: Tyan introduced a version of their 9600 Pro card with dual DVI. they never sold it in America.

The only video cards that offer dual dvi, high end performance and a reasonable price are the GeForceFX 5700 Ultra cards. And even with those, finding a vendor that will sell the few product SKU's that have dual DVI is hard.

other than that you have the FireGL and Quadro series of cards (expensive even for a card that offers mediocre performance in yesterdays market), the Parhelia derivative products (expensive for what you get, and personally not worth the bother), and the Wildcat series (as good as they are, they are a little expensive for what you get - and i don't even need a workstation class video card).

unfortunately, the comments from most vendors is that dual dvi video cards belong in the workstation market. NVidia is thankfully forcing some change in that arena with the 6800 series. ATI, unfortunatly, doesn't seem to care. probably because it is the one feature that really differentiates the FireGL line from their normal Radeon cards.
              Last edited by DGhost; 23 April 2004, 08:46.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

As I've mentioned before, it seems Sapphire are planning dual-DVI 9800Pros and XTs.

But I can't find anything about it on their website, so I guess **** 'em
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Most people, especially gamers, run on a CRT, so dual DVI's wouldn't be very economical. With dual DVI's they have to ship a DVI-to-VGA adapter. In other words ... it makes sense until LCD's become more prevelent among gamers.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I wish I ******* would have kept my old GF4 4400, getting ******* tired of having to use old OpenGL drivers to make Counter-Strike run half way worth a **** due to the ***** ATI drivers which get ******* slower with every *** **** update on my 8500.

Comment

This thread is turning into therapy

Back on topic...I can't see myself buying an LCD screen for a while due to all of the cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                        Most people, especially gamers, run on a CRT, so dual DVI's wouldn't be very economical. With dual DVI's they have to ship a DVI-to-VGA adapter. In other words ... it makes sense until LCD's become more prevelent among gamers.
                        LCD's are getting better. I can games quite happily on my Dell 2001fp without blurring. Need a faster card for the 1600 x 1200 for all the eye candy though.

Problem the larger CRT's these days you don't see many good ones. Normally they either have wonky geometry or one side of the screen has convergance problems and you don''t have the controls to adjust them out.

Haven't seen very many LCD's with dead pixals. Used to be a common problem but seems to be getting consigned to the past which is good.

The only reasons I see to keep to an CRT is cost and what other hobbies you do in your spare time. If you graphics design on serious basis certainly an LCD isn't for you.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

all the cons? my VP171b's don't have any blurring. you should see the reaction of all the fanboi's at lan parties.

back to the therapy...

**** those *** **** mother ****ers!

Comment

I agree there are a lot of great things about LCD's, but the problems that I see are HUGE problems. For instance, change resolutions makes the monitor look like crap, fixed pixel sizes, no true black, limited color(compared to CRT's), slow response time( i know this is subjective, but I can still see ghosting). I rather buy a CRT still at this point.

And yes, **** all of those pussy mother****ers!

Comment

Agreed the resolutions change can be a bit of pain then again in the one game I've got whos max res is well down on the screen res I haven't noticed any probs. Text would look pants though.

Dunno which LCD's you used that you found suffered from ghosting.

The crap geometry and convergance problems I find highly annoying. I've seen one 22 inch Monitor in the last few years that hasn't suffered from any obivous annoying defects.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X