• Show
Clear All

still dont see the Tron inputs
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
      still dont see the Tron inputs
      I'm not done yet
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Where does the built in beer fridge go?
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

So tonight I put together my table saw and started cutting some more pieces for the top. I then took a small piece to practice applying laminate.

I set everything up. The brush, the towel, get out the glue, cut my small piece of laminate to practice with. I start to read the directions on the back of the glue and the first thing it says is, "TURN OFF MAIN GAS VALVE BEFORE OPENING GLUE. DO NOT USE NEAR ANY KIND OF FLAME SUCH AS WATER HEATER, GAS DRYER, BLAH BLAH BLAH".

While I read this I am standing 1 foot away from my gas water heater. I decide tonight is not a good night to learn laminate. I'll wait until the weekend on a nice sunny day where I can do it away from the house. I've never seen a label like that before. Turn off the main gas valve? Christ!
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

What laminate adhesive are you using Dave?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Can't remember what it is called but it's in a mostly red can and it is called "contact cement" for laminate.

Comment

Got a chance to work on the desk today. These pictures will give you an idea of what part of my design will look like. Oh, and the top piece lifts up to access the inside.

This first pic shows that i cut off the front edge.

This second pic shows tht I replaced the front edge with real wood so it matches the desk top.

These next two show you what the desk will look like with the top on. To the left you can see what will eventually be the entire front of the desk. Keep in mind, I just set the pieces into place so you can get an idea. It'll look better once I glue and screw

This picture shows a closer shot of what the front of the desk will look like once it is all complete. Remember the screw I was looking for? You can see it sitting on top of the desk. Imagine that screw in the four corners of the acrylic piece with some kind of 5.25" device in there.

And the last picture is just a side angle of the last picture.

Comment

The slotted piece, that isnt for the Cylon eye security scanner?

And no sign of the flush mount keyboard and the MCP screen, eesh

Looking good so far tho
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Here I've torn this place apart for the last three freakin days lookin for my tape... and now I know why!
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      Here I've torn this place apart for the last three freakin days lookin for my tape... and now I know why!
                      Sorry, my brain must not be working right, I don't understand what you are saying?

Comment

I am guessing he is referring to the measuring tape on the desk
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

ahh, i c

Yeah Greebe, quit coming out here to California and leaving your tape measure. You know how long it takes just to get back here

Comment

Looks great.

That is going to be one heavy SOB when you're done.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
                              Looks great.

That is going to be one heavy SOB when you're done.

- Steve
                              Fortunately I designed it so I can take it apart. The left and right pieces are seperate. The table top+enclosure is separate as well. I'll move it into the hosue as seperate pieces and it will be 5 or 6 screws to finish it off(plus putting the drawers and shelf in).

Dave

Comment

I just heard about this online design and manufacture shop that I thought people might be interested in:

eMachineShop manufactures low-cost prototype and production runs of custom parts. Get a fast quote or design and order your parts with our free CAD software. We offer CNC Milling and Turning, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Injection Molding, and dozens of materials. Online Ordering. Free Shipping. Quality Guaranteed.

eMachineShop is the remarkable new way to get the custom parts you need. Download our free software, draw your part, and click to order - it's that easy! Your part will be machined and delivered. Even better, your cost is low due to the Internet, software, and automated machines.
                                I want one in the UK!
                                FT.

Comment

Working...
                                X