Problems with Pioneer 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Pioneer 104

I'm having a problem with it recently where it will not recognize any DVDs I insert or blank DVD-R media period!!

It will only burn CD's and read CD content, this is bizzar, never seen this type of issue at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Elie

The CD and DVD reading use two different lasers. Your DVD laser is is probably miscalibrated or failing.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Interesting since if I power off my machine then back on again and into Windows, it will be able to read the a DVD then after that it's history.

Thanks Wombat!!

Comment

Test if it works better with a stronger PSU.
        I had a similar problem and it whent away when I got a higher wattage PSU
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X