No announcement yet.

Amazing price on 21" monitor (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so do you like the picture? Is it flat or 'visually flat'?
    FT.

Comment

I don't think it's quite perfectley flat -but it may just be that I'm a bit too close to it and not looking at it straight on (I need to alter the position of my desk somewhat -I didn't have a monitor this size in mind when I worked out where to put it originally)

The picture looks divine to me right now; but it's probably not a good idea to read too much into that as I think my Tablets display was better than the screen I've switched from.
      MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Price now at £139.99 + vat and the wife is glaring at me....
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I bet she's holding the scissors dangerously close to your CC too.
          Talking of snips...wish me luck on Monday
          FT.

Comment

Good luck on Monday for "that" op Tony
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

<squeaky voice> thanks! </squeaky voice>
              FT.

Comment

42" of loveliness just arrived. Do I risk a hernia getting them up the stairs now...? Or do some real work?
                FT.

Comment

Pros: lots of real-estate, I'm using 2*16*12 very comfortably.
                  cons:rather imposing compared to the 19" models...the gap between the screens is larger die to the larger bezel (or it at least appears so as it is black).

A little adjustment required out of the box for best performance, but nice and crisp even before that.
                  FT.

Comment

good luck monday tone,
                    glad to hear they are a nice pair of screens, how would you say they stacked up against the best CRT's out there?
                    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Thanks Borat.

Yes, they are a nice pair of screens, but I can't comment on how they compare to 'the best out there'. Certainly these are no worse than any other CRT I've used, but they haven't generally been expensive. At work my made panel is a LG1810B and I'd say this is almost as sharp, and as good an the analogue panels I have on either side of it (using a P of course).

There's a huge number of adjustments you can make inc. Moire, Lineraity, Focus, Convergence, Purity - on top of the extensive range of geometry adjustments available.

I need to dig out a calibration app.
                      FT.

Comment

excellent, cant wait to get back to 3 screens again, ive been using 1 ever since i got My LCD back in february because i hate running screens at different resolutions, just hoping theres enough juice left in my trusty parhelia to crank out another year of surround gaming for me!

Comment

Borat and William

Any problems with your 1100DFs?

One of mine would never go quite black but I decided to live with. Now it has got (intermittently) quite flickery and the OSD is garbled.

I just spoke to Samsung and they are arranging a swap out in the next 2-3 business days

Can't say fairer than that!

The other is still rock-solid and pin-sharp
                          FT.

Comment

I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                              Borat and William

Any problems with your 1100DFs?

One of mine would never go quite black but I decided to live with. Now it has got (intermittently) quite flickery and the OSD is garbled.

I just spoke to Samsung and they are arranging a swap out in the next 2-3 business days

Can't say fairer than that!

The other is still rock-solid and pin-sharp
                              no problems whatsoever here, screens are as good as the day they arrived - which although not super high end, is very good indeed! Hope they deliver on their 2-3 day promise.

Comment

Cheers. Glad to hear yours is/are ok. I've upped the refresh to 100Hz (running 1280*1024, was 85Hz)) and that's got rid of the flickering but the OSD is still sometimes garbled.

As long as it stays usable I don't mind if they take a little longer
                                FT.

Comment

Working...
                                X