300GB Maxtor with CQ and 16MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300GB Maxtor with CQ and 16MB

Play free online games and win real prizes at Gembly! All your favorite solitaire games, card games, dice games against real players. Play and win!
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

I guess RAM is now cheap enough to just dump loads of it on drives. It won't do any good for STR, but it might help a bit over 8MB cache for 'more random' access.

I hope the reliability of this drive is better than the previous 250GB one (as according to the storagereview reliability database figures for it).

Comment

Meanwhile I am using a 40GB 2MB cache drive lol...

Comment

Bah, we have 400GB SATA Maxtors here at work
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

you sure they're maxtors and not hitachi's?
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

The Hitachis and WDs are only 350GB.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I can't find a Maxtor drive over 300GB on the Maxtor site.

unless of course you get drives that aren't officially in production

Comment

Well, being a storage company, that happens.

Comment

LOL

Comment

I wonder whether we'll have an option to disable CQ...everyone rushing to provide a slower system for single users...

Comment

Nice. Now they just need more RPMs.

Comment

Working...
                      X