Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is quite a good site for bits and bobs.

Comment

Cheers lads! Ordered everything... just need to get my mates round so that we can decide on how to do it
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

usually you plan first THEN purchase parts
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

yeah, I have planned it

I have three options when routing the cables, I can't see which one will be best until it try.

Stuff should arrive tomorrow
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Go to Wickes for stick on trunking if needed.

Comment

Cheers! Unfortunately their nearest store is 40M away and their website doesn't support ordering.

As the patch panel has 16 ports, i'll run 16lengths of cable to the attic, from there I can choose exactly where to place the output (f at all). This way I will have lots of options for the future. The problem is, that as I only have one length of cable, I'm gonna have to cut the cable into lengths so that I can pull it though it one go. I am worried that I will make a mistake at this point.

Comment

Got a special "cable puller" or sth? ie a cable technicians use to pull the other cables.

Comment

My mate is an electrician - I'm gonna be asking him for help!

Comment

How's the re-wiring job coming?
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I've got all the parts now.

I'm still not 100% sure on how to route the cables, but I'm not going to know what's possible until i go for it.

The shower leaked today and water has come through to above the patch room, so i guess now is a good time to rip the shower floor up and stat laying them cables

Essentially, I am waiting for some assistence from my mates before I start

Cheers for the interest!

Comment

scuffles his feet in shame It's just that I want you to get on the CPDN project with all your PC goodies.....

Good luck!
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

hehe My father-in-law is coming over tonight to inspect the damage... If the shower needs replacing, then we are going to refit the ensuite. I can lay the cable before I put down the new floor

I think its probably gonna be two weeks before its all completed

Comment

How are we doing, Paddy?

Comment

working nights atm.. I am hoping to do it friday/sat/sun.

I am less optimistic about running the cables through the walls now... I will start with the Coax as it should be an easier job as there is already cable in situ.

I am still awaitin my structural engineer/electrician to pop over and help me choose the best route.

Thanks for the interest!

Comment

It's all self-interest, but you knew that, didn't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X