No announcement yet.

Router Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn dude. I've been silently following this thread. I hope they fix your problem. Just keep complaining.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
      I may go buy a Motorola 5100 just to have a decent modem and quit paying the rent for Comcast's modem.
      I wouldn't do that. I started with my own modem with @Home, back when it was $10/mo to rent. Any problem that I had, they blamed my modem. And that modem did die within a year, so renting was about the same cost.

Now that it's $3/mo or whatever, definitely rent. If there's a problem with ANYTHING, it's Comcast's fault, and they have to fix it. Save yourself the headaches.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Point taken Wombat I'll keep using theirs for the $3/month.

At least Comcast is already acknowledging a System problem for the area. This could have dragged on longer...

What I may do is buy a better power supply for the modem. The current one is a 9 VDC, 800mA OEM Brand.

Any opinions on what a 12 VDC supply would do to the modem long term???

Rat Shack has a few choices:
        9VDC, 800mA which is what I have now.
        9VDC, 1000mA
        12VDC, 1000mA
        12VDC, 1500mA

I did finally find the manual for the RCA DCM325:

Links for the rest of the RCA Modems:

RCA modem support
        Last edited by ALBPM; 8 January 2005, 10:17.
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Bump!!

Any opinions on what a 12 VDC supply would do to the modem long term???

Rat Shack has a few choices:
          9VDC, 800mA which is what is on now and appears to be required.
          9VDC, 1000mA
          12VDC, 1000mA
          12VDC, 1500mA
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

You'll probably blow a power regulator, or if you're unlucky, something important.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

carefull of non-regulated supplies, they will typically supply 2-5 volts more than their rating.
              Also, if the power supply that came with your modem is a switching power supply you should replace it with the same.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
              X