No announcement yet.

new Mini Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are in the eu, get it from some other country.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Well, in reality (not based on Apple's claimed exchange rate) 499 € is more than 2099zł, so I'm still better of buying it here.

Comment

Tempting to get one, but I think I'll wait till the Tiger OS is out if I do
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

is there no way of plugging a microphone into that thing?
          Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

There is, check out the Griffin iMic...it's basically a USB microphone.
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

hmm... microphone won't be a concern for me. I will just use the logitech webcam built-in mic...

But ya... WOW, I am so tempted to get one, but its not a G5

I'd get it right away if it has a G5... so I can run OS X Tiger 64bit with it...

my dad is getting one himself, since this 350MHz P2 really suck lol. *well except for the G550 for 2D, no duh*

Its perfect... all he does is 1) text 2) email 3) internet browsing 4) a bit of photoshop (i heard G4 is really good at it... b/c of its vector unit or something... although 256MB ram is really lacking 5) he's an interior designer so looks is important

Slap in a wireless keyboard/mouse set and an LCD and he got himself a nice machine for an excellent price.

I am still going for the Athlon 64 tho lol... because i need it for OrCad this term (at least that's what I was told... or multisim) Damn it... NF4 Ultra still haven't hit the shelf... I don't need an SLI board lol... unless they are cheap enough...

Comment

It looks like my parents will be getting one of these as well.

I'm kind of sick of being their tech support...

I love how this makes computers like very flexible appliances, rather than the computers we're used to...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Looks like this mini Mac will be a huge hit... Totaly justified IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                    I'm kind of sick of being their tech support...
                    Quoted for truth!

Comment

I refused being my parents' tech support, with the result that their PC constantly crashes, is full of spyware, dialers etc, the harddisk is full etc. etc.

They get a minimac. (Provided they pay for it. I'll even buy it for them )

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

My parents are still making their first steps in the PC world. So apart from the occasional 'I've lost a toolbar', I haven't had to interviene much. (phew)
                        But I fear the day they start using internet more intensively...

The only downside to getting them a mini-mac: normally, they get my computer, and I buy a new one...
                        (ooh wait, I could still get a new one, and then have 2 !)

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

See, when/if my parents get their minimac, I can get their old PC (or my father for his office, we'll see).

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The best benefit from the release of the Mac Mini is that the expanded userbase should lead to a wider assortment of available software for the platform.
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I can't wait for the mini Mac car stereo edition to come out That should be a fun toy. I bet BMW has the first one out.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Apparently there are a number of custom solutions featuring mini's, including a MIDI deck (or some such) and a colocated dedicated server hosting service (that places a bunch of mini's into a rack enclosure).
                                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                                X