Picasa2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picasa2

Learn more about where you can find your photos.

I've been using ACDSee ever since v.2 and didn't think that a different photo management/editing program would sway me from it anytime soon, but this one just did...and it's free!

From the looks of it, it's like a Windows version of iPhoto, but they really did a good job with it...fantastic interface and some really nifty features like the wallpaper photo collage. Try it, I really don't think you'll regret it.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Yes Picasa is excellent. Version 1.6 was good but v2 really kicks butt. Very easy to use, nice features and free.
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Picasa is quite nice, even to the extent that it's better than iPhoto is some ways.

If you don't need anything fancy, I'd more than recommend it.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Wow, that's pretty good. Supports EXIF natively too. I like it!
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yeah I tried it out the other night and I'm very impressed by it.
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Hmm, I've been using IrfanView since.. forever

Any reason I should upgrade? (What "class" of software is Picasa anyway, picture viewer? Editor? Database? Thumbnail creator?)

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Just checking it out now. Seems pretty nice. Picking up the PSDs well (if a little slowly - let's just say some are quite "large"...)

It didn't magically know what was on my archived CDs though - now THAT would have been useful
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

az, it's pretty much in the same class as iPhoto, but to be specific it's an image management solution (database) with capabilities for minor image correction and image viewing. There are better tools out there, but Picasa does well at being simple and easy to use.
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Thanks JW; As nobody in my family has a mac (yet?), I wouldn't know what iPhoto did exactly

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                  X