No announcement yet.

Help with putting together a $600ish system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you guys recommend for an nF3 board? I plan on keeping my 9800Pro for a while. Also, I have two large IDE drives I'd like to keep using, and burners and whatnot, so good IDE still matters.
    Last edited by Wombat; 16 February 2005, 18:16.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Do you know the model of the Gigabyte NF4 board? I looked earlier but couldn't find it. I haven't checked Gigabyte's page yet.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It's 113€ here, but cheaper than even nF3 S939 boards.

Comment

I was just going to post the Newegg link

OK, so it is $125 at newegg. Looks like an interesting board. I haven't really looked into PCIe yet. I guess I'll have to start digging in
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
            I was just going to post the Newegg link

OK, so it is $125 at newegg. Looks like an interesting board. I haven't really looked into PCIe yet. I guess I'll have to start digging in
            Dave, a coworker just bought this board, and it putting it together tonight.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sweet, let me know how he likes it

Comment

Wanted to let you all know what we ended up going with...

CASE JUSTPC|JPC767P-WHITE RT
                $34.99

MB GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9 Nforce4
                $116.00

VGA LEADTEK GF PX6600 TD RT
                $109.00

CPU AMD 64 |3000+ ATHLON 939P 90 RT
                $155.00

DDRAM1GB|PC3200 991145 MUSHKIN RT
                $123.00

HD 200GB|MAXTOR 6B200M0 SATA%
                $115.00

DVD+/-RW 16x+|NECND-3520A BG
                $58.00

Subtotal
                $710.99

Tax
                $51.55

Shipping and Handling charge
                $26.31

Amount Paid
                $788.85

He wasn't very picky. Everything went very smooth. I scrapped off the crappy thermal puddy and used Artic Silver. WinXP installed without a hitch. Very nice motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                X