Need help installing XP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help installing XP!

I am trying to install XP onto a SATA drive using my slipstreamed SP2 CD with SATA drivers.
    For some reason the SATA drivers are corrupt - I have validated this.

I have used my 'Ultimate Boot CD for Windows' to load BartPE and from there I can access the ISO of the windows CD. (and the net to type this)

How can I 'open' the ISO and replace the damaged files?
    The CD buring software on this CD (deepburner, express burn, small cd writer) will only burn the ISO straight away.... any tips?

And no I don't have a floppy drive!
    I think that its obsurd that in this day and age we have to supply these third party drives on a floppy
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

WinRAR(3.30+) and MagicISO can edit ISOs.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Cheers! Can you go me a favour? I need to download the SATA drive for my A7n8x-e mobo but the asus site keeps crapping out on this browser (K-Meleon).

The site is :

Any chance you could get me a direct link for the driver? It's about 4MB (you have to download it with the utility)

Cheers mate - I'll see if i can download and install magicISO on BartPE
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hmm.. the MagicISO wont install as it cant create a program group

Comment

winrar has let me open the iso - i cant delete the files, but i should be able to overwrite them.
          just need to get the driver now

Comment

right - winrar will open the iso, but i cant amend it.
            I have extracted the iso and will try and burn it, but I wont be able to make it bootable as the software isn't wonderful - unless i can get nero on here too ....

Comment

You don't NEED the utility - just because ASUS is like a year behind in their driver packaging is no reason to punish yourself. The SATA on those boards (I have the deluxe) is a Silicon Image 3112 (the driver is 3x12). There's a zip of it attached to this message.

Also, ISOBuster might be able to help do what you want. *sigh* You may just have to suck it up and get a floppy, though. Seriously.
              Attached Files
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Is this it?

Silicon Image Serial ATA driver version V1.0.0.33 and Utility V1.0.0.11 4.38 (MBytes)

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...con_v10033.zip

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                  Is this it?

Silicon Image Serial ATA driver version V1.0.0.33 and Utility V1.0.0.11 4.38 (MBytes)

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...con_v10033.zip
                  Feh. Old version, packaged poorly.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Cheers lads - I just need to insert that into the iso and burn.
                    I have got MagicISO working by playing with the RAM drive, but it wont let me save/burn files of 300MB. I have tried cracking it but they don't seem to work

All i need is a small program that will open an ISO and allow me to edit and save it.
                    or a small cd writer that will create booteble cds...

Comment

I have written a cd with DeepBurner - I could specify a boot image, but I could not specify any settings for it... wish me luck....

Comment

Working...
                      X