Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomendation for LG775 micro ATX motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomendation for LG775 micro ATX motherboard?

Hello,

I have a HP/Compaq machine with this ASUS motherboard:

Bought a Geforce 7800 GTX and off course it won't fit because of the power connector

What I need is a micro ATX motherboard, that will accomodate the Geforce card...

Any suggestions? Oh it must be an LG775 board, prefferably with DDR2.

Thanks
    Jan
    Last edited by jms; 2 July 2005, 07:59.

Running happily on one of these here
    Lawrence

Comment

And i will fit the Geforce 7800? The 7800 seems to be about 3 cm longer than my old 6800...

Comment

Well it is a PCI Express card? .......... so it should fit yes.
        Lawrence

Comment

Oh I mean physically fit. The 7800 is so long that it wont fit in my existing board because of the power connector (the 7800 is as wide as the whole motherboard). I need a board where theres nothing sitting in the way of a long PCI express card.

Comment

Look at the pic in the link I posted - the guys at Gigabyte knows about these issues and the power connector is far off to the side
            Lawrence

Comment

How about the inductor sitting next to the RAM slots?

Comment

On my board the top of it is just about flush with the black plastic of the PCI E socket and isnt an issue
                Lawrence

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll see if I can find it in a shop around here. It hurts me having a 600$ graphics card collecting dust

Comment

What RAM should I pair it up with. Reccomendations for 2x1024MB? Should I go for DDRII-667?

Comment

Money an issue?
                      Lawrence

Comment

Isn't it always?

No seriously, I'd generally pay more and be happier in the long run. What do you have in mind?

Comment

go for 2x1024, games like BF2 are major hogs
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

It looks like I can get 2x1024 Geil DDR2 PC5300/667 CL4 for 400$. Any experience with Geil?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                              Let me just get this straight...

If you can afford a 7800 (and collecting dust), i think money is NOT an issue for you.

I mean, darn u upgrade from a 6800 to 7800 O.o meanwhile i am sitting here with my 6600GT... and more than happy from my 5200 upgrade

lol Lets hope it wont be collecting dust for much longer.
                              Was quite happy with the 6800, but couldn't resist the big X box (XFX) in my local shop. Hell you even get a free t-shirt. Computer equipment is quite cheap in Norway these days because of the weak dollar to the Norwegian krone. Gonna take advantage of that.

Im going for the Gigabyte board LvR suggested, but the P-version without integrated graphics. It looks great.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X