Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOUR-WAY dual-core 64 bit Opteron system....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUR-WAY dual-core 64 bit Opteron system....

I'm in lust

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 September 2005, 22:53.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That thing is most certainly an evil bit of gear.

I don't think i'd know what to do with half that computing power, let alone the full thing...
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Give one to a multimedia producer and watch the fur fly

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

It would be nice to have 8 little cpu utilisation graphs in my taskmanger

1000 Watt power supply

Comment

Badass. My current machine compresses 640x480 DivX movies at aobut 23fps in Virtualdub. Wonder what this thing would finish it in.

Comment

Tyan just announced their 8 way, dual core ready Opteron solution: 16 cores, up to 128B of RAM

Perfect for Freecell.

Seriously, there are few applications that can use so much power: Many of these machines end up using virtual machine to make better use of all the horsepower.

My team's dev box is a four way Hyperthreaded Xeon with 16GB of RAM, and it's fast as stink. I can only imagine Win2K3 64bit with an octet of Opterons will do...
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
              Badass. My current machine compresses 640x480 DivX movies at aobut 23fps in Virtualdub. Wonder what this thing would finish it in.

Uhmmm...assuming your CPU has the same performance as one core of this machine...in about the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                Tyan just announced their 8 way, dual core ready Opteron solution: 16 cores, up to 128B of RAM
                [snip]
                That's nothing - I've got microcontrollers with more RAM than that
                - Steve

Comment

Working...
                X