short neck CRT monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short neck CRT monitors

Anyone know who's currently making them?

I need to supply one of my customers with a 17" or 19" CRT monitor that's to be used at 1024x768.

LCD isn't an option in this case because the native resolution would be much higher than the user would be comfortable with.

We're looking for a short neck screen to limit desk space consumption.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

I thought 17" LCDs [i]were[/] 1024x768?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

nope, 17" are almost always 1280x1024. Schmosef, 15" lcd's are the same size screen wise as a 17" crt and are generally 1024x768 rez. They are also generally cheap as lcd's go.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Thanks Claymonkey,

There are some cheap Acer 15" LCDs I already suggested to the customer but the image is still too small.

My experience is that 17" CRTs are usually 16" viewable. In this case, that one inch matters.

Also, if we can find a short neck 19" CRT, they'd be very happy.

I googled for short neck CRTs but all the links that came up were years old and the models were obsolete.

I'm hoping that some obscure manufacturer still makes them.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I have a Viewsonic PS790 that I use... its a short depth 19" CRT and its still pretty good. Don't think they make it anymore though... same with the GS790. Looks like all of their short depth monitors aren't made anymore.

A quick search on google for short depth CRT comes up with lots of auction sites or used monitors, or discontinued listings from manufacturers.

Now the thing is I saw Samsung showing off some ultra short depth CRTs at CES last January, so you'd think there would be some around by now unless that was just for TV.

Comment

I'm selling my 19" Cornerstone, which has a short neck Of course shipping to Canada wouldn't be cheap
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X