Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset Style Microphone?

Hey.

I'm looking for a microphone that is wearable together with my Sennheiser HD595s, and would create a headset together with the phones. Is there such a thing? People I talk to on Teamspeak get pissed off at my typing , and when I set activation volume higher they can't hear me talking (which may be a good thing ). I think this is because I'm using a cheap little clip-on mic that I clip to my collar, thus pointing forward (towards the keaboard, away from my mouth), so I'm looking for a better solution without having to buy a headset (because I like my headphones too much, they were expensive and no headset will reach this level of audio quality when I'm listening to music, which I do most of the time, and talk very occasionally).

Thank you

AZ

P.S.: Yes, I am obviously still alive and even physically well, and no, I don't think I will return to the postwhoring race. I am about to change a few things in my life (break up with my girlfriend, although the term "friend" implies something that just isn't there anymore, and I'm not sure ever was; then moving back to berlin and hopefully finally I'll start studying something and finish it for once.). If this goes well, there won't be much time for the MURC, and I think I'll do better to devote my time to people who are physically closer than you lot - I've really neglected that for the past few years, and it's done me no good. I'll still be reachable through e-mail and PMs, and I'll always remember you fondly. Oh, and I'll of course read the answers to this thread
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

You could get a mic that hooks up via ear cuff then wear the headphones over it I guess. I use a Plantronics .DSP-500 and a Plantronics .Audio 100 analog, depending on the intended use.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 October 2005, 13:33.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Forgot to mention: I already wear glasses, and that's sometimes getting uncomfortable, too, so I think your idea wouldn't work too well.

Comment

Check my edit above for the Plantronics models I use. Sorry I didn't include them at the time, but I forgot the model numbers

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

OK, than a slight evolution of the idea:

+ duct tape (oh c'mon, nothing bad will hapen to headphones )

PS. Funny how lives turn out...

PPS. But OTOH...what about the announcements? At least designate vice Opera ambassador

Comment

Hey az. I can't help you with your headset question but it's good to know that you're still alive and well. It's understandable that you want to spend more time with people closer to you. Good luck with your studies and remember to stop by every once in a while and say hi.

Comment

You could always just use a pair of Sennheiser PC165 USBs. They're no HD-595's, but they have the full range and a built-in mic. And you don't have to use the USB part, you can just plug it into your sound card's mic/speaker plugs.

They sell for about $100 USD here. I'm sure they're a little cheaper in Deutchland.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

HiYa Az,
                Glad to know you're physically well. Sorry to hear about the emotionally troubles. Good luck with your new path on life and remember you can never have too many friends.
                R

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  I'm looking for a microphone that is wearable together with my Sennheiser HD595s, and would create a headset together with the phones. Is there such a thing?
                  Sorry, can't help there... (sounds like something worth inventing )

P.S.: Yes, I am obviously still alive and even physically well
                  Great to hear you are OK!
                  Wish you all the best (with the studies, people who are physically closer, the moving to Berlin, ...)!

If possible, do come round every now and then (otherwise, how would you for instance find out that I passed my pilot exam in August? )...

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Congratulations If you'll ever be near Berlin, I'll expect a flight

Comment

Originally posted by az
                      Congratulations If you'll ever be near Berlin, I'll expect a flight
                      That is a deal!

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                      X