No announcement yet.

Bad Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyhone ever think to get a nail or screw & fasten the d**n thing to a floor joist?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Anyhone ever think to get a nail or screw & fasten the d**n thing to a floor joist?

Dr. Mordrid
      That's exactly what he did with the new one.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        That would be the same model sold in the home depot.. pretty - yes, but for ethernet it is a 10 base T hub they sell you for like $100CDN.. I forget the price for the RG6 splitter but it is pretty pricy too..it just seems overly expensive for what it is.
        The Leviton internet gateway router is a rebadged Netgear. Just get a Netgear router of your choice and put it in the box with double sided foam mounting tape. Don't get a Linksys.. seems like they were engineered specifically NOT to be mounted in a media panel. You don't have to use everything they show there, but splitters like we are talking about should be rated for 2.4 GHz and be current passing. Those are a bit more expensive than your ultracheap crap, but will $7 for a splitter really break your bank?

The point is, if you are cheap and let the electrical guy pull your wires, he will probably daisy chain them and terminate them all outside the house. Then you can't do anything much at all with them. I remember going to a dentist's house where they'd done this with the RG6 cables.. he complained about the signal level being way down, so we went out and opened the (big) box on the side of the house where all the splitters had been done. There was a nest of about 200 red wasps in there.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. Putting all your low voltage connections in a media panel inside is the right way.

Comment

Working...
        X