Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for LG

Comment

Buy the Pioneer 110, it supports everything even DVD -R DL, I happened to buy 4 blank discs for $3.50 Canadian each, don't think many other burners will burn -R DL yet

I personally have the 109, bought it for $65 Canadian and I'm extremely happy with it, I too have LG and NEC but due to -R DL I can't do without my Pioneer

Regards,
      Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
        Buy the Pioneer 110, it supports everything even DVD -R DL, I happened to buy 4 blank discs for $3.50 Canadian each, don't think many other burners will burn -R DL yet

I personally have the 109, bought it for $65 Canadian and I'm extremely happy with it, I too have LG and NEC but due to -R DL I can't do without my Pioneer

Regards,
        Elie
        Hey Elie,

Where can you find the Pioneer drives? I can't seem to get them through my normal distribution sources.

If I knew which stores carried then I'd be able to figure out the distribution channel.

One of my distributors that used to carry Pioneer told me it was always a pain to get stock because Pioneer Canada was always second fiddle to Pioneer USA and would only get new stock if the American division didn't gobble up the North American allotment.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

And do what you do, don´t buy Sony. I have a Sony DL burner and I got the LG for 60€ or so when they got cheaper, because the Sony is really picky about the media you burn. Tired of getting bad disks.

Comment

I bought a Pioneer 110 as well, its been problem free but I have not used it that much to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              Hey Elie,

Where can you find the Pioneer drives? I can't seem to get them through my normal distribution sources.

If I knew which stores carried then I'd be able to figure out the distribution channel.

One of my distributors that used to carry Pioneer told me it was always a pain to get stock because Pioneer Canada was always second fiddle to Pioneer USA and would only get new stock if the American division didn't gobble up the North American allotment.
              The best deals on laptops, PC, game systems, components, small appliances, cables, and office supplies. Save more by shopping online or in-store!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

well i dont know if this counts, but me and my brother both have LG cdrw that have been nothing but perfect so far
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Personally, I like my Plextor 716A.
                  If you want the Pioneer, NCIX.COM has the 110 on sale.

Comment

Ended up with BenQ. Other forum almost unanimously convinced me it is probably the best, proven ,"normal priced" DVD-RW now (didn't say Pioneer was bad; also good, just BenQ a bit better).
                    And BTW, it is the same drive as Plextor 740. So one might say that MURC also voted for my BenQ

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                      Hey Elie,

I bought it from Logic Computer House, Steels and Woodbine.

Cheers,
                      Elie
                      Last edited by Elie; 14 January 2006, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                        Another vote to Logic Computer House

There service and their support is great.

Canada computers... the price used to be great but now not as competitive, and their service is horrible. When I tried speaking Chinese to them, they knew what I said but replied in English, which I found a bit rude. And I heard them speak Chinese themselves. But then CC is everywhere these days... theres even a store in Waterloo, so its convinent.

On a side note, I vote for LG. Pioneer is OK, but theres no hacked firmware... so I won't buy one again myself.
                        Yeah LCH are great, the prices are amazing and I always find what I need

Anyway why do you need to hack the firmware on the Pioneer??????????????
                        It bunrs every format that exists today, +R -R +RDL -RDL -RW +RW and all the CD formats. The LG doesn't burn -R DL (I think)

Comment

What about DVD-RAM?

Comment

CW: the joys of being multi national
                            same issue for myself if i get movies in early.
                            fortunatly i have a hacked drive for the purpose, or failing that anydvd works well
                            edit linky for anydvd
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread...

What do you think of this. I need to read 80mm DVD-RAM disks for camcorders. It doesn't support DL+R though

On the other hand, who would buy the above Plextor, when you can get this for half the price. Has anyone used 80mm discs before?
                              Last edited by Paddy; 16 January 2006, 01:05.
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X