Xeon VRM module for ProLiant 6500???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xeon VRM module for ProLiant 6500???

I've found 6 Xeon P3 500/100/2mb on ebay that i've got shipped in from the US. I intend to use four of them, replacing the 2 Xeon P2 450/100/512 that i've currently got on board. Unfortunatley I cant find suitable VRM modules so that I can use the other two CPUs.

ebay has drawn a blank. Does anyone know of any other sources for obsolete hardware?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Other than a web search, probably not. It will be hit or miss. Though this is [probably] obvious and expensive, have you tried Compaq/HP?
    You were told - Sasq

Comment

Originally posted by Mcollector
      Other than a web search, probably not. It will be hit or miss. Though this is [probably] obvious and expensive, have you tried Compaq/HP?
      Sorry about the thread hijack Paddy! I intended to communicate this through PM or email, but Mcollector has both set to disabled.

To Mcollector:
      I noticed your sig. If you have a problem with my moderation please contact the board administrator (sasq) or post in this nice forum we have for the very purpose.

Comment

No problem Frank. It's been a while!

Cheers Mcollector, I haven't contacted HP/Compaq as I imagine that the redundant power modules retial for a fair bit.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Do you have the part#/FRU# for it?
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Try this...
            Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

yeah, according to the pdfs, the spares number is 328842-001

Comment

That item is listed within the link I gave above for only $10 each
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That's better than you can do straight from HP:

"Part is not orderable in the HP Parts Store."
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

cheers lads.

Yeah they have the module for 10usd each which is fine, but they want an extra 60usd for shipping

Comment

make KVH pick them up and send them with us postal service .. he is in texas too
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                        make KVH pick them up and send them with us postal service .. he is in texas too
                        I was going to laugh at that because Texas is soooooo BIG.
                        But it turns out not to be too bad an idea if I recall where Chuck lives in Texas correctly.

Which I didn't.
                        It's 150 miles each way.
                        I'm nearly that close to their store and I don't even live in Texas.
                        Last edited by cjolley; 13 January 2006, 15:06.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

lol - Don't fret guys. I am sure they will come up on ebay

Comment

I've found a place in Rothley, Leicester that sells them. If I can negotiate £10 for the pair then as long as the shipping isn't excessive then thats going to be my best option.

On ebay they want £31 for the pair including shipping.

Comment

Working...
                            X