Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stream a real-time video signal in a network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stream a real-time video signal in a network?

Is it possible to stream the video signal from a TV-tuner or a DV-cam across a network?
    Any programs recomended?

I think that Windows Media Encoder 9 can do this. It's a free download from Microsoft.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Yep, Media Encoder can do it. I tried streaming a video (divx) over a 10 Mbit wired network and it worked without much problems.

Just start it on one PC (choose the quality settings, multiple are possible!) and use media player (or other software that allows one to connect to a video server) to connect to the other PC.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

VLC is for something like this?

Comment

I tried WME9 and it hangs everytime it start encoding... Nice

The TV tuner card is working perfectly with Dscaler and I can capture the signal without problems with Ulead Videostudio.

Comment

I second Nowhere's idea. Look into VLC, it's got code written with exactly this in mind.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X